Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] S9 Autoset - AHI recording correctly?
S9 Autoset - AHI recording correctly?
[attachment=196]Hi guys,
Firstly, thanks for all the help received already, just by reading the forum.

Using Resmed to look at the graphs, I notice that the blue line for AHI seemed to only record for a short time. Other nights have been the same, the blue line just runs for a few hours, unlike all the other graphs which cover the whole time. The only events listed are within the blue line period, nothing when it is not there. Is the machine faulty?
It is a hire machine, and I've already wasted time with the wrong sized mask, then the heated hose error. Am buying a machine soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Autoset - AHI recording correctly?
Welcome to the board. I'm sure others who have a higher level of expertise will respond, but as you suggested, I think that machine is faulty, since the trace for AHI should be present for the entire sleep period whether it's a flat line at 0 AHI or going up and down during the night. The fact that the pattern of short AHI recording happens again and again would seem to eliminate a one-time glitch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that reply.
Looking back over the results from the old machine, and results using a new machine I've just purchased, I notice that the AHI line only starts when the first event happens.

I assumed that was because it can't show events if it is not registering them, but now I think the AHI line is just a calculation which only starts calculating after the first event happens.
This does not explain why, in the image I attached, it stopped calculating. Anyone throw any light on this?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not familiar with Rescan as I have a PRS1 machine and use SleepyHead. But ... it looks to me like it's a graph of the AHI per hour. As such, when you go a full hour with no events, the AHI per hour drops to zero for that hour. If I'm correct then your graph is correct.

You could try looking at your data in SleepyHead. It also plots a graph of the AHI per hour.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto what Sleepster said. the AHI count is incremented at the occurrence of every event and reset every hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
The data is there, it's just that it's zero much of the time.

Almost everywhere else but SleepyHead, AHI is only calculated as a daily number, not a per-hour number like SleepyHead does, so beware about comparing that AHI graph number with numbers from elsewhere.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 121 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 160 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  as11 not recording data Irish44395 8 397 01-06-2024, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Irish44395
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 672 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  AirSense 11 not recording entire night wellivea1 6 773 08-29-2023, 10:19 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.