Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phantom Gel Mask by Sleep N e t
Phantom Gel Mask by Sleep N e t
I'm thinking about buying one of these from Supplier #11 ($79 with free shipping). I have tried three different nasal pillow masks and they always start leaking the minute I move in the bed. I also tried a FlexFit 407, but it leaked at the top because the forehead support was too far backward. I guess I have highly evolved frontal lobes. Yeah, that's it. Tongue Besides, I hate having anything in front of my eyes.

So does anyone use this mask? Anyone have any comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Phantom Gel Mask by Sleep N e t
That's an interesting looking mask. Never heard of it. I had to go to the manufacturer's website to find a pic of it on someone's face (mannequin). I poked around via Google and found a few reviews of it. They all mention how noisy it is. One said the straps had to be super tight to form a seal.

One site said it has "cheek support" instead of forehead.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2012, 10:24 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: That's an interesting looking mask. Never heard of it. I had to go to the manufacturer's website to find a pic of it on someone's face (mannequin). I poked around via Google and found a few reviews of it. They all mention how noisy it is. One said the straps had to be super tight to form a seal. One site said it has "cheek support" instead of forehead.

Thanks for the searches. I didn't find anything myself. I was hoping to find someone here who has actually used one, but apparently it is not popular.

In the middle of searching I stumbled across a new mask by Fisher & Paykel, the Pilairo. Apparently it is for sale only in Australia bcause it is new and the supply is still limited. It's a pillow mask, but it looks really interesting. The price in Australia is a shocker, though - $250. For that kind of money it better be studded with diamonds.
Post Reply Post Reply
After trying several masks, pillows, fullface, and nasal, I finally found one that works.
ResMed Mirage Activa nasal mask. Without a doubt it's the best I've tried and am going to stick with it
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2012, 11:24 PM)JJJ Wrote: In the middle of searching I stumbled across a new mask by Fisher & Paykel, the Pilairo.
http://www.youtube.com/user/fphealthcare

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2012, 06:34 PM)zonk Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/user/fphealthcare

Thanks for that link.

I just sent them an e-mail (to headquarters in NZ) telling them I would be in Tijuana on Tuesday and Wednesday next week and asking if it is possible to visit their manufacturing facility there. I'm also going to call their Irvine CA office tomorrow. I would so love to pick up a Pilairo while I am there. Or anything else if I can get it cheap. Shy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 401 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.