Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation
Question 
AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation
I like to keep my bedroom nice and cool. This can create problems with condensation, especially from my exhalation.

I have a heated hose, but I recently switched masks to the AirFit P10.

I have barrel cozies on the way from Pad a Cheek, but I'm a little concerned that because of the mask's design the barrel cozy has to cover a lot less of the barrel than with other masks.

I am also considering a short hose cozy, I had one on my Aloha and it really helped with exhalation condensation.

I'm wondering, are there any AirFit P10 users out there who use a short hose cozy? If you use one, does the cozy have a bad effect on the hose's flexibility?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation
Hi nelamvr6,
I know that some suppliers sell short hose cozys, but I just made my own from a small piece of fleece, cut it to size and tied with ribbon.

It does not affect the hose at all, still moves easily.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a snuggle hose and even though it has a zipper I find my hose is still flexible enough for me. I would also set the climate line to auto if you are using one. That will help avoid rainout and condensation.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nelamvr6,

When I use my P10 mask, I use a cozie and haven’t had any trouble at all, the hose is still flexible with a cozie on it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies guys!

I have ordered a 10" hose cozy, I think that will be more than enough insulation, while keeping the last 8 inches of the hose unencumbered.

I'll let you guys know how it works out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 12:33 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote: Thanks for the replies guys!

I have ordered a 10" hose cozy, I think that will be more than enough insulation, while keeping the last 8 inches of the hose unencumbered.

Any update on how this has been working? I just got a P10 myself so I'm on the hunt for a short cozy. Where did you find it BTW?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 03:47 PM)StoopidMonkey81 Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 12:33 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote: Thanks for the replies guys!

Any update on how this has been working? I just got a P10 myself so I'm on the hunt for a short cozy. Where did you find it BTW?

The cozy I bought was from Pad a Cheek, my first choice for anything cozy related.

I have used it a couple of times, just to see if it made a difference on the flexibility of the P10's hose. It didn't.

But I have mostly not use it, the weather here is still not really cold enough to worry about exhalation condensation yet,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,157 25 minutes ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,569 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.