Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Prescription in hand. Now what. Auto Pap advice
Idea 
Prescription in hand. Now what. Auto Pap advice
I managed not to cry too much. I'm such a baby but this is hard. I've never been ill except for blowing out my knee when skiing.
So the script says Auto Cpap. I want to get my data daily/weekly. Which machines should I go read up on. He also wrote the script for the amara view mask... Humidifier and lifetime supplies. I called insurance to check my coverage and it's good coverage. Oh, and my deductible is met.
Hit me up with suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Prescription in hand. Now what. Auto Pap advice
SpeedyD,
Here is a link to help you choose or avoid certain machines:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Since you have a script for an Auto Cpap, do your research. Don't accept an older machine, or a used one.

The newest is the DreamStation, but just so you know, the Sleepyhead software does not yet support that machine, and you won't have much luck in tracking your data.

As far as the mask, that is a personal preference. Just be sure to ask for a 30 day trial on the mask in case you don't like it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your deductible has been met, but it is end of year. Normally the insurance will not pay a dime until compliance is established, and then they lease it for a year, and charge you a monthly percentage overlapping deductable periods. you might wish to discuss with your Insurance person how to manage the billing to avoid that.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 10:16 AM)SpeedyD Wrote: So the script says Auto Cpap. I want to get my data daily/weekly. Which machines should I go read up on.
easy-peasy ... AirSense 10 AutoSet or even better the "for Her" version
The machine shows a full list of data on the screen sleep report, including unintentional leak (other brands shows total leak)
Also the machines supported by http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/ and ResScan (windows only)

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png] ....................... [Image: xAirSense10_AutoSet_for_Her.jpg.CROP.thu...0%8BVC.jpg]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"] ......................... AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 02:25 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Your deductible has been met, but it is end of year. Normally the insurance will not pay a dime until compliance is established, and then they lease it for a year, and charge you a monthly percentage overlapping deductable periods. you might wish to discuss with your Insurance person how to manage the billing to avoid that.
Thank you. That's great advice. They already talked to me about the "lease". I was wondering how to get around that.

(11-17-2015, 02:50 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 10:16 AM)SpeedyD Wrote: So the script says Auto Cpap. I want to get my data daily/weekly. Which machines should I go read up on.
easy-peasy ... AirSense 10 AutoSet or even better the "for Her" version
The machine shows a full list of data on the screen sleep report, including unintentional leak (other brands shows total leak)
Zonk!
I just finished reading the whole thread on this machine.Eat-popcorn
I was kind of going between this one or the Intellipap. Can you explain the difference between the "for her" model and not? I kind of hit the ground running in the morning. Will I be able to get the data from these machines on my cell? I can then check the files on a break at work.
The DME will be calling me tomorrow and I want to have my choice firm in my mind so not to be persuaded to something else.
Post Reply Post Reply
Beside the colour, A10 AutoSet for Her have an extra "AutoSet for Her" mode, designed to treat apnea in women as their apnea occur at lower pressure than men and need to be treated gently. Also the machine report RERAs in all 3 modes. My machine doesn't report RERAs but been told by some members that the newer A10 AutoSet report RERAs too. Also the price is the same as the regular AutoSet

The Intellipap Auto deosn't shows flow data and tell whether apnea is obstructive or central. Getting data from the Intellipap is not straight forward matter, there are some smart codes and require special module for the SD card

I'm into technology, I get all the info from the machine screen sleep report and detailed data from the SD card
ResMed my Air http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/air...myair.html

Edit: I'm NOT ...
Post Reply Post Reply
SpeedyD, the Intellipap is a DeVilbiss machine. While I'm sure it is a quality unit, it is very much secondary to Respironics and Resmed in terms of features and quality. The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and Autoset For Her models are nearly identical except for exterior finish and an optional algorithm that more gently transitions the inhale/exhale transition on the For Her model. Either would be great, but For Her is considered to be a step up at the same price. Both now measure RERA (respiratory event related arousals). Initially only the For Her model did that.

The Respironics line has just changed over. The System One Auto (model 560) is a very good auto machine with an optional heated hose. If you get the machine, ask for the heated hose option, or you can add it later for $75. The new model Respironics is the DreamStation Auto. Most of the changes from the PRS1 are cosmetic and both are fine machines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hand numbness when using CPAP sleepingbetterinFl 4 86 1 hour ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 279 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,795 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.