Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Favourite Mask :-)
RE: Your Favourite Mask :-)
I'm currently using a ResMed AirFit P10. I really like it, and I'm liking it more every night. Last night was my 12th night using it, and I'm keeping it.

The mask I used before that was also a great mask, the DeVilbiss Aloha. That was the mask that introduced me to the joys of nasal pillows over a full face mask.

Personally, I don't think you could go wrong with either of these masks. For me, the primary advantage of the AirFit P10 is the way the vents work, almost silent, with hardly any feeling of air blowing.

I know what you're talking about, thinking you're not getting enough air. One of the ways I deal with it is to wait after getting into bed a couple of minutes to let my breathing stabilize. That and just trying to relax and not think about breathing. Which is for me a big part of drifting off to sleep anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2015, 06:12 AM)cate1898 Wrote:
(11-20-2015, 04:43 AM)MtFallsTodd Wrote: I use a PR Nuance Pro. Very lightweight and comfortable nasal pillow mask. I tried the Dreamwear but couldn't keep a good seal. It's a great concept that just needs a little tweaking to work for me.

Did you get fitted properly for the DreamWear? They have different size headgears in addition to different size nasal pillow.

I tried it last night for the first time and my leaks were the lowest I've seen yet. Did you check your leak rate on SH?
Yes, I got the full "fitkit" with all sizes of headgear and pillows. I tried every combination of sizes and just couldn't get it to work. SH confirmed the leaks. I even had a lengthy session with my provider to fit it. Even not working for me, I still think it is a great concept. I just get absolutely no leaks with the nuance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the OptiLife because (1) it has an integral chin strap, and (2) because of the integral chin strap I can adjust the straps so that the pillows are lightly against my nose yet still firmly in place. With an "ordinary" nasal pillow mask, I would have to tighten the mask to an uncomfortable level to prevent the pillows from getting dislodged during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,751 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,528 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.