Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Too Late?
RE: Too Late?
You will get there...8-posts, just 4 to go.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
you should be able to post attachments, just not links
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GTOdude,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
As you have learned through the posts in this thread, CPAP takes time to get used to so don’t give up.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2015, 02:32 PM)GTOdude Wrote: Now I got all sorts of medical issues and Im realizing OSA is the cause. I feel like a zombie and canst sleep, remember anything, short of breath, zero energy heart condition.. Im finally getting serious about dealing with it but am worried it may be too late for me to turn it around (I'm 66). I had a sleep study which showed my AHI of 36 and O2 desats to 84%. It really wasnt a good study cuz I was on CPAP there for a total of 22 minuted before they booted me out. Got a script for a machine and a DME messed around with me till I blew them off and went to another and got the machine I have now. I did fall asleep with the thing last nite but slept exactly like I did without it, waking every two hours and feeling like crap in the AM. My AHI was 5.71, but that included a few hours wearing it while watching TV so I could get used to it. I feel like im on death's door. Is there any hope for me? Thanks all.

In some ways, I hate the medical community. They fail considerably in tying it all together for a patient. I was in the ER because of heart stress, I was getting no sleep, and I too felt like "I was on death's door".

It took a long time to figure it all out and then I had to keep pushing to drive it forward... trying everything and getting all kinds of "advice".

After starting CPAP, I still hated it. Yes, I was getting oxygen now, but still not getting a "good sleep". It took 1 year to settle in with a great mask and good machine settings; and almost 2 years before I was able to get off middle-of-the-night sleeping pills.

Finally, almost 2 years after starting CPAP, I can survive that day. CPAP is as important to me as a pacemaker would be.

Find a way to integrate it into your life. There's amazing levels of help on this board. They'll all help you through it if you ask. It's always worth perfecting it. It's the beginning of a new improved life, but it can be an extremely bumpy road along the way. You might need to adjust tires, change your fuel mixture, start out at a different time of the day... you get the idea. Make perfecting CPAP your absolute mission.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2015, 04:30 PM)GTOdude Wrote: OpalRose:
The system wont let me post pics or attachments. I havent met the minimum posting requirements here yet.
lol!

At what part are you having trouble with attachment?
I know if you preview the message, you won't see the attachment until you actually post it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2015, 04:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You will get there...8-posts, just 4 to go.

Well lol here's one more!

(12-12-2015, 05:15 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 04:30 PM)GTOdude Wrote: OpalRose:
The system wont let me post pics or attachments. I havent met the minimum posting requirements here yet.
lol!

At what part are you having trouble with attachment?
I know if you preview the message, you won't see the attachment until you actually post it.
I have to have 8 posts apparently. This one will make 6..!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was wrong. That mad five cuz I incloded two quotes in one post. THIS makes six.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
fellow newbie - I cant add much more to what has been said before except - It is never too late and I hope that CPAP changes my life from what it was before and it is beginning to already with my blood pressure coming right down from dangerous levels. Best wishes with it all Wave
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2015, 06:59 PM)Diane1048 Wrote: fellow newbie - I cant add much more to what has been said before except - It is never too late and I hope that CPAP changes my life from what it was before and it is beginning to already with my blood pressure coming right down from dangerous levels. Best wishes with it all Wave
Thanks, Diane! I hope so too!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GTOdude,

Welcome to the forum. Don't lose hope. You landed in a good place to get support, useful information, and good advice that will make a difference.

Might want to peruse the topic where people post their success stories for some encouragement.

probably best to visit the last post and browse backwards to see older ones. The beginning of this topic goes back years. It's probably all good, but if you want to hear about recent good things start at the most recent...

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid142669

good luck,

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] 5-6 Weeks into CPAP Therapy, Sleep Getting Worse of Late SleepyLP 17 911 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Treatment] AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s davigalindo 31 2,423 10-18-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: davigalindo
  [Treatment] May be Too Late for Me Too Tubaman 301 39,824 05-30-2021, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Can anyone access this latest article regarding UARS by the late Prof. Guilleminault? ChinaMan 7 1,420 10-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Too Late for CPAP? OldCoot 67 12,015 09-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER srlevine1 24 7,585 08-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.