Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice
RE: Need advice
I don't know what your wife's friend is seeing that makes him think the study was botched. The events and interpretation of the study seem plausible. The study was a 12-lead PSG and produced charts (graphs) of all the time you were asleep. Those can be reviewed for a second opinion by a doctor of your choice. I think it's likely the studies were properly performed and interpreted, but that the doctor did not order a complete bilevel and ASV protocol if CPAP failed. So, you're just kind of left hanging on the titration.

That doesn't mean that you should submit to further studies, especially given your insurance situation. I know on the other forum you were pointed to several affordable machines. The PRS1 960 in particular could do anything you need, and you might want to grab it. In your shoes, I'd lay things out to the sleep doc very clearly and ask him for a prescription and recommendations. If he feels his last study was so incomplete he cannot make a recommendation, then perhaps he should foot the bill to make it right. His incomplete study protocol should not be your problem since complex apnea could have been anticipated with the first study, and would be required in about 15% of the apnea population even without the diagnostic information he was aware of.

Your situation is not fair, but many of us have had to self-finance and self-titrate. Your situation is just more complicated by apparent complex apnea you have.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well after no help from my doctor, he can't even recommend a starting pressure with out a sleep study to tell him. I have taken it into my hands, I purchased the 960P and have begun the journey. I am running a min pressure of 9 now and have attached the SH results. I tried it at 10 and 11 but got some lip blowing so I backed it back down.

[Image: GxKX3e3l.png]

[Image: yo4Rem7l.png]

[Image: Gk9rWbGl.png]

[Image: OZwLjRil.png]

[Image: RUxFqmFl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You sure have come a long way from where you started. Looks very good, especially the last 4-graphs. More importantly, how do you feel?

That is a busy ASV machine, you can see the many air pulses where it is preventing a central event.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 281 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 797 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.