Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help tweaking settings
RE: Need help tweaking settings
I don't think leaks are a problem. You have not gone into large leak territory at all. So don't get a chin strap. It just complicates life further. I believe that the P10 is suiting you well.

Your VS and VS2 lines in the event chart are concentrated to specific time periods. It may be that you snore only when sleeping in supine position. And overall no. of these lines are fairly small in my opinion. And I think that the machine chases these vs lines with raising pressure unnecessarily. It's probably not halting any impending apneas. But it's waking you up and making you restart the
Ramp.

I would suggest you raise the min to 11, and also cap the top to 17 to begin with. If the max of 17 is not causing any apneas to surface, then you can reduce it even further. Evaluate for 10 days before making more changes.

My guess is that you will ultimately move to a tighter 12.5 - 15.5 range and sleep well. But that's just a guess.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2016, 03:51 AM)AshSF Wrote: I don't think leaks are a problem. You have not gone into large leak territory at all. So don't get a chin strap. It just complicates life further. I believe that the P10 is suiting you well.

Your VS and VS2 lines in the event chart are concentrated to specific time periods. It may be that you snore only when sleeping in supine position. And overall no. of these lines are fairly small in my opinion. And I think that the machine chases these vs lines with raising pressure unnecessarily. It's probably not halting any impending apneas. But it's waking you up and making you restart the
Ramp.

I would suggest you raise the min to 11, and also cap the top to 17 to begin with. If the max of 17 is not causing any apneas to surface, then you can reduce it even further. Evaluate for 10 days before making more changes.

My guess is that you will ultimately move to a tighter 12.5 - 15.5 range and sleep well. But that's just a guess.

Agree raise the min pressure.
But the PRS1 machines dont raise pressure to vs2 snores, which arent audible snores .

They will react to vs1 snores about the same as a flow limitation.
Post Reply Post Reply
SR,
Thanks for the input. I'm only familiar with Resmed equipment and am paddling as fast as I can to catch up. LOL

As far as chin strap, I just threw that in there...... I didn't see a leak issue either. (grasping at straws)Thinking-about

These threads are great teaching tools!!!like

(01-11-2016, 08:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ginzo, I agree with slow changes, however, unlike Resmed, PRS1 machines change in 0.5 cm increments. A 1.0 cm change to prevent obstruction, is not excessive given that the machine is going up by 8.0 cm. As far as a chin strap, I don't see a mouth leak pattern in the graph, and a chin strap can move the jaw back worsening OA. Disagree.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I've been late to respond. I cracked the screen on my $1250 TV I bought for Christmas and have been going through some major depression. THEN, I lost a billion dollars last night. 2016 has really sucked so far...Sad

I'll start bumping the low number up .5 each night and lower the high to 17. You are correct in that the machine got so high that it woke me up. I turned off the machine each time so I could mark when it happened. Hopefully lowering the pressure will help.

Thanks for the responses and here's to a better start to the year!
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='Judi' pid='146433' dateline='1452787223']
Sorry I've been late to respond. I cracked the screen on my $1250 TV I bought for Christmas and have been going through some major depression. THEN, I lost a billion dollars last night. 2016 has really sucked so far...Sad

It could be worse if your in the stock market. Sad

I'll start bumping the low number up .5 each night and lower the high to 17. You are correct in that the machine got so high that it woke me up. I turned off the machine each time so I could mark when it happened. Hopefully lowering the pressure will help.

I think you will end up being around 12-13 as a starting pressure, but make changes slowly, also good you lowered the max.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2016, 11:00 AM)Judi Wrote: ...I lost a billion dollars last night.

Actually, I lost the Billion Dollars last night!
One of the three 5+PB winning tickets was sold about 15 miles from me at a 7-Eleven. Ohwell
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2016, 11:47 AM)justMongo Wrote: Actually, I lost the Billion Dollars last night!
One of the three 5+PB winning tickets was sold about 15 miles from me at a 7-Eleven. Ohwell

Well no, there were three tickets so you "lost" a billion divided by three.

Also of course, they don't pay you that right away. The "present value" of the money paid out over ten years is a good deal less.

Actually of course you didn't lose anything. You had several days of fun pretending how generous you would be when you won. That alone is worth the price of the ticket.

Also you won because you weren't struck by lightening, because the chance of that is tens of thousands of times greater than picking all the right numbers.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Help with Oscar and tweaking settings DLorenzoD 3 345 12-29-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: DLorenzoD
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 522 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 885 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] Help tweaking CPAP settings gspfilms 2 489 05-24-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: gspfilms
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 665 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 882 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  AHI dropping a bit since tweaking pressure: Phaleronic 1 544 01-12-2022, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.