Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9
Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9
I had been using Resmed S9 for year and half with reported AHI around 3 with the pressure set to 11. I was doing well on it.

For various reasons, I had to buy another machine and this time I got the Airsense 10 autoset. Now my reported AHI is 10 with pressure running around 9. All my settings are on Auto.

I believe most of the time its user error that causes issue. Anyone have any insights on what I can do to fix it. What setting can I change to get back my S9 performance? Anyone face this situation?

Needless to say my sleep sucks and I am paying the price at daytime.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

++++++++ Settings +++++++++++++
All set to Auto
EPR is on 3
Use nasal Mask
I get smiley face on everything
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9
Which S9?
Your 10 series Autoset is running in what mode: Auto or straight CPAP?
If Auto, what min and max pressure is it set to?
===============================
If you were running an S9 in CPAP fixed pressure of 11; and are now running a 10 series Autoset in auto mode, then your min and max pressure should bracket 11. Especially important would be min pressure. It should only be about 2 below 11 = 9. If it's set to say 4 or 6, then you will have apneas before the machine advances pressure.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2016, 12:13 AM)justMongo Wrote: Which S9?
If you were running an S9 in CPAP fixed pressure of 11; and are now running a 10 series Autoset in auto mode, then your min and max pressure should bracket 11. Especially important would be min pressure. It should only be about 2 below 11 = 9. If it's set to say 4 or 6, then you will have apneas before the machine advances pressure.

Thank you very much justMango. I was using Resmed S9 elite. Now my Airsense 10 runs on auto. However, my bracket was from 4 to 13 I realize now from your post it should probably be 9-12 since my sleep study said I should run on 11. I cap it at 13 from a safety point of view.

I am assuming changing this bracket will not change my start pressure as I like the start of 4 and let it ramp up as I fall asleep.

I will try it out tonite and see if it makes a difference and report back for any one who might be running into something similar.
Post Reply Post Reply
HI smallur,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you much success as you continue your CPAP therapy, good lukc with the new machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2016, 01:10 AM)smallur Wrote:
(01-20-2016, 12:13 AM)justMongo Wrote: Which S9?

Thank you very much justMango. I was using Resmed S9 elite. Now my Airsense 10 runs on auto. However, my bracket was from 4 to 13 I realize now from your post it should probably be 9-12 since my sleep study said I should run on 11. I cap it at 13 from a safety point of view.

I am assuming changing this bracket will not change my start pressure as I like the start of 4 and let it ramp up as I fall asleep.

I will try it out tonite and see if it makes a difference and report back for any one who might be running into something similar.

smallur,
If you are going to use ramp with a start pressure of 11, then your ramp start should be closer to your start pressure.

Try setting ramp to start at 7 or 8. That shouldn't bother you if you were using a Cpap pressure of 11.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It will not change your ramp.
However, starting the ramp too low has several negative aspects.
1) Some users feel that 4 does not provide enough air; so, they start out at 6.
2) The mask may not leak at ramp start but will by end of ramp. (One reason I do not use ramp.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 465 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 118 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 703 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.