Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM
FFM
Good afternoon
I have a fisher paykel icon and wear nasal pillows .I am s mouth breather and HATE my chin strap I have tried several so I want to buy a FFM any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks
Linda
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FFM
I only tried a FFM briefly before realizing I didn't need it, but if I were going to buy one I would get the Airfit F10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the one in my profile. But, masks are a very individual choice.
What works for one person may not be best for another.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
In your search engine, type in Roscoe Full Face Cpap mask. You should see one under the Medshop that is priced at just $44. They sell elsewhere for $99 and up. I bought this one and they don't even ask for a prescription (which I do have). It works very well and is very light. What I like most is that it is "dishwasher safe". Haven't tried that yet as cleaning in by hand is quite easy.

However, I am looking into the Amara View....it is really low profile and even easier to clean as all your really need to clean daily is the cushion piece. It is much more expensive at $169. If you have insurance to cover it, then I would check it out on the 30 day trial plan. The Roscoe is, open the package and you have bought it. But, for $44 plus shipping (as I recall is about another $10) you have a nice mask or spare if you also like the Amara View. That is my particular plan.

Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...uggestions
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the replies,. I have never used a ffm but anything has to be better than a chin strap.I will check them out.
Thanks
Linda
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2016, 04:04 PM)shortyd Wrote: Thanks for all the replies,. I have never used a ffm but anything has to be better than a chin strap.I will check them out.

I use a FFM *and* a chin strap.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Show off.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2016, 04:04 PM)shortyd Wrote: Thanks for all the replies,. I have never used a ffm but anything has to be better than a chin strap.I will check them out.
Thanks
Linda
Chinstrap is only temporarily solution and more like bicycle training wheels
once you get used sleeping with mouth closed, you'll find its not needed any more

FFM didn't work for me, can be tricky to get a good seal ... YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2016, 09:46 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: I use a FFM *and* a chin strap.
Out of interest, what is the purpose of chinstrap with FFM, breathing through mouth is not issue with FFM
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.