Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Is my CPAP therapy effective?
Is my CPAP therapy effective?
I have been on cpap therapy for about 3 months now. Getting a readout on my data, I would guess everything looks good and I'd like your opinion before getting a follow up with the doc (it's hard to get info from her...I should switch docs anyway)...

Data from last 3 months:
AI = 1.1
Obstructive = 0.9
HI = 0.1
AHI = 1.2

Lead Data
Mean 1.2
95th Percentile 9.6
Maximum 18.0

Pressure (cmh20)
Median 7.4
95th Percentile 10.4
Maximum 12.5

Would there be anything that I'd consider changing for my therapy that you might think of?

I use a combination of nose mask and nasal pillows where the pillows are my favorite at this point.

Thanks.[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is my CPAP therapy effective?
Your numbers look pretty good to me, memnoch. AHI nicely below 5 and mask leaks also down low with even the max. leak of 18 falling below the 24cm marker used by ResScan. I notice that your data report shows a range of pressures (95% at 10.4 and max of 12.5) that would indicate that you have an AutoSet which is being used in that APAP (autoset) mode, yet your info describes a (constant) CPAP pressure of 7. My guess is that your listing labeled Obstructive of 0.9 is actually CA (Central).
Post Reply Post Reply
Now that I take another look, it appears that you are using your machine in auto mode with a pressure range of 7-20. My confusion was only that your profile info shows pressure of 7, rather than 7-20.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Dawei your numbers look good and the other important question is how do feel which imo is better indicator hows the therapy is working. Discuss any issue you might have with your doctor and best to write down the questions so you don,t get distracted and forget to ask which happen to me few times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking good numberwise. As was already said the other part of the proof is how do you feel. Hope you're using the machine 100% of sleep time. Great work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Felt great after about a week of treatment and I tell you what, I cannot remember the last time I sleep through comfortably. Not only that, now I wake up feeling rested and with the energy needed to get each day started. I'm not yawning at my morning meetings or "checking out" by 3 p.m. after work, I go home to my family and have enough energy to walk my daughter (7 month old) around the neighborhood at night. No more headaches...that's a big plus as well. And blood pressure is lowered, still borderline high though. I'm currently at a weigh loss challenge (with a more balanced meal and evening walks) to lose the 50 lbs. needed. Finally, my poor wife appreciates me not snoring my way through and giving her another sleepless night. At first she was a bit aprehensive with me sleeping with my gear on my face, but realized the mutual benefits of it and now it's routine. So, cpap therapy has improved my well-being and saved my marriage as a summary. I recently took a vacation trip down to Floriduh and I liked the fact on how easy it was to carry my unit around and set-up at the hotel. So far, thumbs up all around.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 68 1,259 3 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 869 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 582 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 484 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 545 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 815 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  OviBerger - AC11 Therapy OviBerger 3 105 04-09-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.