Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Software vs Equipment
Software vs Equipment

I'm curious as to the preference on the board, regarding software vs equipment.

In other words, should I let the equipment, drive my equipment options?

I currently have (2) "bricks" I've used for a couple of years, one at my home, another at my home in Florida. I think I should probably upgrade.

I'm considering the IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP with AutoFlex and the DreamStation AutoCPAP. Apparently the SleepyHead Software doesn't work with the DreamStation and wondering if that should drive me towards the IntelliPAP. My interest in the DreamStation is primarily driven by it's size and reputation.

I'm of course, open to any other suggestions experienced users might have.

To provide some background:

I've been using bricks for about 4 years, as a result of a Sleep Study, arranged by my Primary Physicians. As many on this board have found, most Primary Care Physicians aren't very helpful or vigilant with SA, after turning a patient over to a DME provider ... who are even less helpful.

I've had no problem adjusting to using a machine and have since day one, used a machine every day. Unfortunately, having a brick, I'm not able to determine how effectively my machines are working. All I really know, is I generally seem to sleep OK and haven't snored since I started using a machine. I suspect there's more to know, than simply determining the snoring has stopped.

Thanks all!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Software vs Equipment
Personally, I wouldn't and didn't let the current software compatibility drive my decision because software changes much faster than hardware does and I expect my machine to last for a number of years.
For one thing; if you are computer literate, Encore Pro is not as bad as some make it out to be.
OK, SleepyHead is easier to use and shows lots of very useful info at a glance. In Encore, one has to navigate several screens to get to it. OTOH, Encore offers some functionality that SleepyHead does not. I currently use Encore. Once DreamStation compatible SleepyHead is released to the public, I will use both programs because both have their strengths and uses.
When SleepyHead will work with the DreamStation? Per author's last post (Jan 21) on Facebook, it already works for him.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice from GPSMAPNUT. You will get some useful data on the screen of the dreamstation. I also use both Encore Pro and SleepyHead. So choose your equipment and software will catch up (I would stick with PR or Resmed).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BrianL99,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 551 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  hammer44 - ASV Therapy Equipment Question hammer44 11 601 01-01-2024, 01:47 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.