Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Info on APAP please
Info on APAP please
My last unit was a CPAP and my number is 13. I now have an S9 Elite APAP. On my minimum pressure I put 13, and on my maximum pressure what should I put? Right now I have max set at 20. This is my first APAP...am I doing it right?

Appreciate any answers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Info on APAP please
You should bracket 13 cm-H2O. Suggest you set min pressure to 11 cm-H2O; then set max pressure to perhaps 16 cm-H2O.
You also need to select an EPR level. If you know what is was on your CPAP, then use it. Else, start with ERP=1.

The S9 Elite is data capable; you can fine tune from there. If you keep slapping against the max pressure, you can increase it.
If 11 cm-H2O increases your AHI, then it might need to be raise. Follow with ResScan to see how you're doing.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2016, 06:57 PM)Ernie47 Wrote: My last unit was a CPAP and my number is 13. I now have an S9 Elite APAP. On my minimum pressure I put 13, and on my maximum pressure what should I put? Right now I have max set at 20. This is my first APAP...am I doing it right?

Appreciate any answers

Personally, I'd set 11/15 in auto mode and see what shows up in the data after a week. The max pressure shouldn't matter as the machine usually won't go higher than needed unless you have some chronic airway resistance. I think that's what Just Mongo just said, and I agree.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ernie47,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The s9 Elite is a fixed pressure system, not an APAP. The APAP you can set a range of pressures but the S9 Elite is a fixed pressure machine. It does have EPR on it, and is a fully data-capable machine,.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ernie, as Trish wrote, the S9 Elite is a fixed pressure machine (CPAP), while the
S9 Autoset is an APAP machine. CPAP refers to (one) constant pressure, while APAP refers to a machine that automatically adjusts to a range of pressures, and the range can be set and changed by a person.

David
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.