Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with info screen....
Help with info screen....
I have a Resmed Elite and see that there is an info screen with alot of abbreviations but I cant find anywhere what all these things mean. How do I know if I am still having apnea episodes during the night? Or if my mask is leaking? There is nothing in the owners manual to tell me what all these abbreviations mean. Can someone help?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with info screen....
why not type a few of the abrevs into your message to give us a hint as to what it is that you are talking about. Maybe we could help faster.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2012, 08:50 AM)antcyd Wrote: I have a Resmed Elite and see that there is an info screen with alot of abbreviations but I cant find anywhere what all these things mean. How do I know if I am still having apnea episodes during the night? Or if my mask is leaking? There is nothing in the owners manual to tell me what all these abbreviations mean. Can someone help?

At the top of the Apnea Board page there is a button that will take you to the wiki. In the wiki you will find pages with a glossary and a list of acronyms and abbreviations. It's not as complete as I wish it was, but it should give you a good start.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2012, 08:50 AM)antcyd Wrote: I have a Resmed Elite and see that there is an info screen with alot of abbreviations but I cant find anywhere what all these things mean. How do I know if I am still having apnea episodes during the night? Or if my mask is leaking? There is nothing in the owners manual to tell me what all these abbreviations mean. Can someone help?

This thread helped me with an unfamiliar abbreviation this morning. Is this what you are looking for? :
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Apnea-Acronyms?

I hope it helps!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the wiki page link is this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

And please list the ones you are having problems with. It would help us to not only help you, but also make sure we have them in the list.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
AHISadApnea Hypopnea Index) = total numbers of apnea + hypopnea + central apnea events occurred during the night and divided by hours used. The accepted wisdom to be below 5.
AI – Apnea Index
HI – Hypopnea Index
CAI – Central Apnoea Index
Leak: The S9 report unintentional leak (mask leak) which intentional leak (mask vents leak) already subtracted from total leak. Its the 95% percentile leak (L/min) which the machine been at and below for 95% of the time and higher at the other 5%. The accepted leak is 24 L/min as higher leak might compromise the therapy and the displayed data but lower is better.
If interested to see your data in more details download ResScacn software and the link how to obtain the software is in the first page of this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-3-16-SP1
Post Reply Post Reply
With my Resmed S9 machine there is an info button, when you hit it to display it basically tells me how many hours I used the machine last night or over the past week or month. I cant find where it tells me AHI etc. So I sent an email to Resmed and here is their response.....

"If you have the S9 Elite or Auto, the “sleep quality” feature can be programmed for “usage” or “on” from the clinical menu. If all you can see is hours used, then it needs to be reprogrammed to show AHI. You will have to take it to your provider to have them change it. If they don’t know how to do it, they can call us and we can direct them on how to enable that feature."

I wrote back and told them my DME was basically useless but I would call them in the morning and see what they say.
Does anyone know how to program the machine to see what I want to see????

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2012, 08:30 PM)antcyd Wrote: Does anyone know how to program the machine to see what I want to see????
Never mind about them, this S9 video will show how to set the "Sleep Quality" to ON in the clinical menu.
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, amazing!!! I am so glad I found my way here, you guys know it all!!! Thank you so much!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,652 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 471 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,294 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.