Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When does the A10 write to SDcard?
When does the A10 write to SDcard?
When does the Airsense 10 write the previous nights info? Is it a set time of day or at a certain amount of time after you turn the machine off?

Thanks,
Rick
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When does the A10 write to SDcard?
(02-13-2016, 11:35 AM)Rick_V Wrote: When does the Airsense 10 write the previous nights info? Is it a set time of day or at a certain amount of time after you turn the machine off?

Thanks,
Rick
Hi Rick,

I think it writes to the card continuously or at short intervals during its operation. Definitely not based on a set time every day. You can pull out the SD card a few seconds after you turn off the machine and immediately read the data from the SD card into your computer.

Detailed data is written to the SD card organized by session. If you turn the machine off and back on again later (like if you take a nap), then you will have multiple sessions within the same day. The software you use to view the data organizes the session data into days based on what time you tell it the day begins (by default the new day begins at 12 noon so that what we normally consider one night's sleep is not split across days at midnight. You can change that setting if your sleep schedule is different like if you work nights and sleep during the day).

Note that the A10 also wirelessly transmits to resmed in the sky providing the summary data that you can review on myair.resmed.com. This is different from writing to the SD card. I don't know exactly when it posts this data but I do know it usually takes about an hour or so after I turn off the machine before last night's data shows up on the myair web site.

But the SD card seems to always have the complete and most recent data as soon as you turn off the machine.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
If you leave the little door open you can see a light flash, this is when it is writing to the card. It writes throughout the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2016, 12:07 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote:
(02-13-2016, 11:35 AM)Rick_V Wrote: When does the Airsense 10 write the previous nights info? Is it a set time of day or at a certain amount of time after you turn the machine off?

Thanks,
Rick
Hi Rick,

I think it writes to the card continuously or at short intervals during its operation. Definitely not based on a set time every day. You can pull out the SD card a few seconds after you turn off the machine and immediately read the data from the SD card into your computer.

Detailed data is written to the SD card organized by session. If you turn the machine off and back on again later (like if you take a nap), then you will have multiple sessions within the same day. The software you use to view the data organizes the session data into days based on what time you tell it the day begins (by default the new day begins at 12 noon so that what we normally consider one night's sleep is not split across days at midnight. You can change that setting if your sleep schedule is different like if you work nights and sleep during the day).

Note that the A10 also wirelessly transmits to resmed in the sky providing the summary data that you can review on myair.resmed.com. This is different from writing to the SD card. I don't know exactly when it posts this data but I do know it usually takes about an hour or so after I turn off the machine before last night's data shows up on the myair web site.

But the SD card seems to always have the complete and most recent data as soon as you turn off the machine.

Saldus Miegas
Thanks for the replies Saldus Miegas & PoolQ . Just wanted to make sure I wasn't removing it before data was written.
What you said about MyAir is what prompted my question, it is the same for me. I usually wait over a hour after I wake up before checking it online. I like to look at hard data about once a week in Sleepyhead instead of the Good Boy!!! stuff from MyAir.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 674 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  ResMed Airsense11 auotset - no SDcard included? wooders 10 2,003 06-19-2023, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  air leakshi, I write from Italy. I use a resmed airsense 10 cpap at pressure 13 and a papaste 3 662 02-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: burgess4321
  How to write/express BiPAP pressure? spetzal 5 618 11-28-2022, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Forgot to slide the write-enable tab on the SD card AGAIN! cathyf 2 619 07-03-2022, 09:35 PM
Last Post: greatunclebill
  AS11 failed to write data last night Millstone50 1 665 02-03-2022, 04:07 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense10 SDCard ssmithrb 7 1,176 06-08-2020, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.