Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Heated Hose and Supplemental Oxygen for REMStar Auto
Heated Hose and Supplemental Oxygen for REMStar Auto
Hello,
I have been doing some digging around for something that may sound simple. I was recently changed to a REMstar Auto A Flex from Philips Respronics by my provider. For a while now I have had to use supplemental oxygen as my O2 levels were going below 85%
With this unit I got a heated hose (has a humidifier) However my 02 port was on my old machine on the outlet where the hose normally attaches then connects to the hose.
With this setup however, I can't do it with the adapter I always had. I have searched, read manuals, and I can not find a way if I can have this setup with a heated hose or not, or if I should just stick with standard tubing? My mask is an Amera View, so that does not seem to have an oxygen port like some other masks do.

My old machine was a Repironics M Series with C Flex, so this is a big upgrade to me, bluetooth, apps and all that good stuff. Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heated Hose and Supplemental Oxygen for REMStar Auto
You'll likely have to use a standard hose as I do; and leave the Tee at the machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I use supplemental oxygen with a heated hose. The oxygen comes in near the mask end of the tube via an adaptor. So it does not really get heated and is quite cool. It has never bothered me and I prefer the "fresh air" sensation the oxygen adds into the mix.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the replies. The only setup I could see would be heated hose, to the white adapter that has the port of the o2 and then connect that to the flexible hose that is attached to the amara view mask? As I am learning this system, should I be ok with just standard tubing and using the humidifier control feature? Or is there even any difference?
Post Reply Post Reply
Many FFM allow for supplemental O2. Example Mirage Quattro.

Also this adapter may work well with a heated hose.

[link to commercial DME website removed. Instead, go to Supplier #1 on the Supplier List and search for "oxygen enrichment adapter".]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Sleeping better since 01/13/2016 Smile

Masks I have tried to date
AirFit F10-FFM, AirFit N10-Nasal, Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM, Mirage Quattro-FFM, Swift FX Nano-Pillow, Mirage Activa LT-Nasal, ComfortGel Blue-FFM, Amara View -FFM, Pilairo Q -Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ydnar723,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2016, 11:50 PM)Mr Nifty Wrote: Many FFM allow for supplemental O2. Example Mirage Quattro.

Also this adapter may work well with a heated hose.

Thanks! That is the adapter I actually have. I thought of a mask change, I really like the Amara View, I previously had the Quatro FX,I know that had a port in the mask but that became annoying over time and was one of the reasons the doctor felt I was taking the mask off in my sleep nearly every night. For the most part the Amara has been good, I like it as I wear glasses and like to read or watch TV before doing off sometimes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to revive old post but I found it doing doing search and figured it would help others. I was just given supplemental oxygen and I use a Dreamstation with Dreamwear nasal cushion. I use heated tube as well and found a solution. I used the soclean adapter and took off plastic piece on outside and connected to oxygen concentrator. Here are pictures. Please remove space between : and /

https: //imgur.com/a/R3kTc
Post Reply Post Reply
They O2 adapters for CPAP hoses. You can get one online for around 3 to 6 dollars.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
What kind? I didn't see any while I was looking . The cheap ones that oxygen guy brought didn't work for heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.