Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP and braces
CPAP and braces
I was wondering if anyone out there is currently using CPAP when they have braces on their teeth.

My dentist recently told me that I would probably need to get braces put on. Fix some crowding of my teeth and help pull a tooth down into position.

I have been using CPAP for about a month with no issues. I just wanted to know if using CPAP when wearing braces would be a problem. Also to see if there are currently any other people who are currently wearing braces right now. Thanks for any advice.

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP and braces
Take your mask in to your dentist and show him/her where it sits.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not me, but I would assume that as long as you don't have the straps too tight that it should not be a problem. That said, at night when I run my tongue over my teeth I can tell exactly where my mask is sitting. I am not sure how my lips inside would do with braces on my teeth. IIRC there is some product that you can put over your braces if you have sensitive areas. You might ask you dentist about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got braces and have had no issues related to them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wear a Simplus with bulky ceramic braces & wax with no issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.