Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

confused -new sleep doctor has stopped cpap
RE: confused -new sleep doctor has stopped cpap

Big Dave,
If you're having mainly centrals who should you see please?

Lorraine
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lorraine,

Not Big Dave but let me give it a try. Look for a teaching hospital with a sleep center. Lacking that look for a sleep center with a good reputation. Then ask if the Doc has experience treating Central Apnea using an ASV machine. That said, try posting some of your sleep data here. Start a new thread ask questions about your own data and post some data as well. We need to see your machine settings and your results including details of your AHI data. In particular your OSA, HA, and CA results. There are a lot of people here with experience in adjusting settings to reduce Central events and also experience with ASV machines which specifically treat Central Apnea when conventional CPAP machines fail. Stay in touch.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2016, 04:39 AM)Lojos71 Wrote: Big Dave,
If you're having mainly centrals who should you see please?

Lorraine

Richb said it far better than I could.

A pulmonologist understands sleep issues caused by problems with the structure of the airway (unclogging the pipe, to oversimplify it). Airway problems aren't an issue with centrals, which are caused by the brain deciding it doesn't need to breathe.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,712 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 154 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 476 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 200 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.