Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting new machine!
RE: Getting new machine!
(03-19-2016, 11:40 AM)Luvmyzzz Wrote: I have only had my New CPAP a week (my replaced machine is OVER 10 years old)
What difference this New equipment has made on energy, & attitude [ask my husband! :-) ]
The neat part is I can see how many episodes of apnea I have each night
although when registering for this forum, the question of software came up, how do I find it???
I've looked every where, the shipping box, the machine, the user guide(so I guessed)... I'm sure there
is such a creature, as I can receive daily reports of my sleep status, does any one know??

I see you have ResScan, so you must be asking about SleepyHead Software?
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Weebee,
CONGRATULATIONS! on the new machine!, and good luck to you on finding a different mask that will work for you.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! Thanks everybody for the help! I think I'll give the pillow a try. I do sleep/breathe through the mouth. So I'll need to try one of those chin strap things I would guess. I'll find out more Tuesday. I'm pretty excited with this new machine. It's like getting a new car!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2016, 02:09 AM)Weebee Wrote: Wow! Thanks everybody for the help! I think I'll give the pillow a try. I do sleep/breathe through the mouth. So I'll need to try one of those chin strap things I would guess. I'll find out more Tuesday. I'm pretty excited with this new machine. It's like getting a new car!

I'm using a nasal mask (Dreamwear) but when I first started I had the P10s. They worked well but just as I was about to fall asleep I kept waking up. Mouth breathing as I relaxed my jaw muscles was the issue.

I then got a Seatec chinstrap and this solved most of the mouth breathing problems.

After reading posts on this forum I bought myself a soft cervical collar and haven't looked back. It does the same as the chinstrap without forcing your chin back and it keeps your head raised so you don't slump your head forward into a position that will compromise your airway. A chinstrap won't do this.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2016, 05:27 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: My experience with pillows (P10) is that they are hopeless at higher pressures. That's just the P10 which has a bit of lacky band instead of a proper headgear, so you might have better luck with one of the other models.

all I've got to say about the P10 with higher pressures is:

[attachment=2280]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,248 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,863 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,340 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,786 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,279 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.