Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics Power Brick: high-pitch noise
Question 
Respironics Power Brick: high-pitch noise
Hi,

I've been using Respironics SystemOne for five years and in that time had two different machines and three different power bricks (always the same models, just exchanged because my supplier changed and one power brick failed).

All three power bricks produced a high-pitch noise, a noise that is familiar from cheap battery chargers or cheap power supplies, but nothing I would expect from medical equipment. They don't always do this, and the sound is not very loud, but it varies and the high pitch is escpecially bothersome trying to find sleep or read a book before sleep (it also occurs if the machine is not active, even if the power supply is not connected to the machine).

I always put this down to bad luck with the bricks I got, but just having gotten the third in a row with that problem it seems like it's a general problem, so I thought I'd ask.

Picture of the brick attached, not sure which of these numbers is something like a model number ;-)

Cheers
Ben

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Power Brick: high-pitch noise
Hunh - never experienced that, but then again, I quit using those with my PR System One 560 and went to something else to power it. Still have it, just don't know where it is.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Power Brick: high-pitch noise
Hi benpeter,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,054 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 700 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,263 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.