Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Seeking initial setup suggestions for AirSense S10 Autoset
Seeking initial setup suggestions for AirSense S10 Autoset
Greeting community -

My new AirSense S10 Auto finally showed up today. The DME set it up exactly like my old S9 Elite was. The S10 is setup in the CPAP mode, pressure 10, EPR on, EPR type full-time, EPR Level 2.

I would like some help / suggestions for initial setup using the Auto feature to improve my therapy.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking initial setup suggestions for AirSense S10 Autoset
If it were me, I would switch mode to auto. Then set min pressure a little below 10; say 8. Then set max pressure to give the machine some working room -- like 16. Follow therapy with software to make sure leaks are controlled and there are no pressure induced centrals. At 7000 feet, you may get some centrals. 7000 feet MSL is near maximum operating limit for these machines.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeking initial setup suggestions for AirSense S10 Autoset
(03-21-2016, 11:46 AM)justMongo Wrote: If it were me, I would switch mode to auto. Then set min pressure a little below 10; say 8. Then set max pressure to give the machine some working room -- like 16. Follow therapy with software to make sure leaks are controlled and there are no pressure induced centrals. At 7000 feet, you may get some centrals. 7000 feet MSL is near maximum operating limit for these machines.

Thanks Mongo -

I wasn't sure how much headroom to allow between the two pressure settings. I have made the changes and will try it out tonight. Now on to address my FlashAir card issues and Leak issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 10 171 2 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 82 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,464 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 554 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 174 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,918 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.