Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Doc visit update
Doc visit update
Had a follow up with my sleep doc today. It has been 6 months on apap with some struggle. I think I finally reached the slighly angry, stick up for myself phase of this process. I still do not always know exactly what I am looking at in Rescan and Sleepyhead, but thanks to all of you I am getting a better understanding.

I really do like my doc. He is former military, he does a good job of listening, and I don't find that he is dismissive. For me, it has been sorting through everything to decide what to talk to him about--or point out.

We agreed changing too many variables at once wouldn't tell us what worked or didn't. We agreed I'd finish titrating off a sleep med I have been on for 25 years, I'd try a new mask, and we try a teensy 1cm H20 EPR, then wait a month and consider a small bump in minimum pressure if I still think I need it. Doc knows I can get into the clinician menu to adjust and that did not seem to be a big problem.

Then it was off to the devil--err I mean durable medical equipment company. I bought an Amara View mask and will give that a try for a month. Seems like a good idea with allergy season looming here in Ohio.

Bottom line...feeling more empowered and not giving upI-love-Apnea-Board

Thanks for listening.

Charlie Sue
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Doc visit update
Charlie Sue,
Glad your appointment went well and you have a good relationship with your doctor.
I like your nickname for your DME. Got a chuckle out of that.

Mine just sent me the wrong size nasal pillows again. You would think after 16 months, they would get it right! Oh-jeez
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally I love the Amara View even though there are some tricks to using it. Guessing that most masks have tricks to get them right.
Do not over tighten, it will hurt your nose.
When you look at where your nose goes you will see a slot to breathe through and a silicon strap part the goes against your face. This strap lies flat against your upper lip and not the underside of you nose.
The mask should just cover the very end of your nose.

Good luck and enjoy
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2016, 02:43 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Personally I love the Amara View even though there are some tricks to using it. Guessing that most masks have tricks to get them right.
Do not over tighten, it will hurt your nose.
When you look at where your nose goes you will see a slot to breathe through and a silicon strap part the goes against your face. This strap lies flat against your upper lip and not the underside of you nose.
The mask should just cover the very end of your nose.

Good luck and enjoy

Thanks for the tips!

Charlie Sue
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Charlie Sue,
It’s great to hear your appointment went well and that your Dr. listens and doesn’t dismiss what you have to say.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 367 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 579 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  [Equipment] Airsense Autoset 11 FW Update GrumGrum 0 452 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GrumGrum
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 2,991 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  AirSense 11 OTA update Millstone50 12 3,465 09-01-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Millstone50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.