Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to tell if my computer has a "reader"
RE: How to tell if my computer has a "reader"
(06-24-2012, 05:37 PM)kitley Wrote: My CPAP equipment provider did offer to provide a report and fax it to the sleep Dr...but she says he does not even look at it. But, as I said ...at least she and I will know where we are at and if things are going well, or anything needs adjusted.

Yes. That report will confirm that the data you are collecting is valid, and give you peace of mind.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2012, 04:18 PM)kitley Wrote: I know the AHI results are amazing, but don't know how to interpret the leaks...if they are good or bad. This Tuesday I go back for a follow up with the sleep Dr. According to my CPAP provider though, he will not take the time to even review my data, so not really even sure why I need to go ...other than $$$ for him for a followup visit.
Leak number is ok preferably to be lower than 24 L/min but with your pressure set at 7 ought to be lower. If you,re having trouble with nasal pillows may be its not fitted right or the cushions need replacing.
Me too last week went to the 18 months follow-up with the sleep doc, he looked at the AHI average below 5 and said its working see you next year but I wont be bothering next year or the year after if all he is going to look at the AHI average

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Zonk...yes, I do need new pillows...my provider says they should last 6 months, and this is my second set in 2 months. She is researching to see why mine are losing their pliability. I hate to buy new ones until we know. I have quit putting night lotion on, and this may have helped bit. She suggested I clean them in Dove soap, but I am unable to find a store here that sells it. When she comes up with an answer, I will buy a new set. When new, they work well for me, but now are becoming not too useer friendly for me...lol. These ones I started using May 30th.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t use nasal pillows but may be someone should start swap thread if its allowed on the forum so people using nasal pillows can swap the pillows sizes not using for the one they need otherwise it would be waste as the mask comes with 3 different sizes and one can only use one size
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 reports "unintentional leak" and the PRS1 reports total leak, so that may be confusing.

Once you get a bad set of pillows that you're ready to throw away, boil them a pot of water with a little baking soda. Some people say it helps. As long as you don't burn the house down, the worst that happens is you ruin a few pillows you were going to throw away anyway.

Also try "Lanisnoh HPA Lanolin" on your nose before putting the pillows in. It's intended for nursing mothers to put on their nipples. Don't use the Lanisnoh diaper rash cream. Some people find it helps leaks. Just a little inside the nose.

edit-"UnIntentional" leak, not intentional.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2012, 07:24 PM)kitley Wrote: Hey Zonk...yes, I do need new pillows...my provider says they should last 6 months, and this is my second set in 2 months.

Medicare and most other insurance will buy 2 sets a month.

Look at buying pillows online, including ebay. Non-insurance DME prices for these parts are often extreme ripoffs.

You might look at getting a nasal cushion mask. They tend to last longer. You might save money by buying online.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2012, 10:05 PM)archangle Wrote: The S9 reports "intentional leak" and the PRS1 reports total leak, so that may be confusing.
Typo - you meant to say "the S9 reports unintentional leak"

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to move OSCAR data to another computer Alun 2 974 07-09-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Alun
  [Equipment] Trouble connecting oximeter to computer Smitharbie 9 8,415 06-10-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New user both CPAP/OSCAR and computer Seabee211 6 508 02-03-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Seabee211
  P-SERIES DIRECTORY IN MY COMPUTER caribsun 1 564 08-07-2022, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card Reader jewelsav 13 3,583 03-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: gaharv00
  Help w Oscar and results, computer illiterate Elgeeone 12 1,219 09-24-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Purchasing external SD card reader Sleepgains 8 1,166 03-13-2020, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Sleepgains

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.