Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

treatment pressure higher than the setting pressure
Gross 
treatment pressure higher than the setting pressure
I use the Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP for several weeks already. The pressure setting is 4 ~ 8. In this two days, I find the maximal treatment pressure becomes 10 and wake me up..... What happened to the CPAP machine? And What can I do to make the pressure fixed between 4 and 8 ? [attachment=2311]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: treatment pressure higher than the setting pressure
In my experience this is caused by rainout. There are many threads on this topic. In short, you will need to control the moisture in your tube. First, get a climate line hose. Set it to auto. Get a snuggle hose cover as well. Read the other threads for suggestions. Read Resmeds web page on controlling rainout. These are the methods I used to tame the machine going to 10 with a pressure max setting well below that.

See also today's discussion on thread - water in tube. It applies to your situation.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Water-in-Tube
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 01:09 AM)sonicboom Wrote: In my experience this is caused by rainout.
Why would rainout cause the machine to increase the pressure past the maximum pressure setting?

Please note: I understand that rainout might be mistaken for snoring or a flow limitation and lead to a pressure increase. But we're not talking about a run of the mill pressure increase here: We're talking about the machine increasing the pressure past the maximum pressure setting, and that's very unusual.

In other words, since the max pressure setting is 8 cm, why would the machine decide that it needs to deliver 10cm?

To debby2242: Any chance you show us the detailed data for 3/28/2016? By the detailed data, I mean the the graphs for the flow rate, pressure, and leak rate? You can do this in either ResScan (if you downloaded "all" the data) or SH. I believe that SH 0.9-8 works with the AirSense 10 AutoSets.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 01:44 AM)robysue Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 01:09 AM)sonicboom Wrote: In my experience this is caused by rainout.
Why would rainout cause the machine to increase the pressure past the maximum pressure setting?

Please note: I understand that rainout might be mistaken for snoring or a flow limitation and lead to a pressure increase. But we're not talking about a run of the mill pressure increase here: We're talking about the machine increasing the pressure past the maximum pressure setting, and that's very unusual.

In other words, since the max pressure setting is 8 cm, why would the machine decide that it needs to deliver 10cm?

To debby2242: Any chance you show us the detailed data for 3/28/2016? By the detailed data, I mean the the graphs for the flow rate, pressure, and leak rate? You can do this in either ResScan (if you downloaded "all" the data) or SH. I believe that SH 0.9-8 works with the AirSense 10 AutoSets.

It's a CPAP which doesn't collect data I believe.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 06:37 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: It's a CPAP which doesn't collect data I believe.

The Autoset collects full data.

And, RobySue -- a very good question. I'm thinking it's not the machine; but the reporting software.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
debby2242,
Is your attachment from ResScan software?

Is there a possibility that your pressure has been changed remotely by your DME? I've heard of this happening.

The APAP should not rise above the max setting.

Double check your pressure settings in the CLINICIAL menu.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 07:32 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 06:37 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: It's a CPAP which doesn't collect data I believe.

The Autoset collects full data.

And, RobySue -- a very good question. I'm thinking it's not the machine; but the reporting software.
The software the OP is using is ResScan, the professional software for the Resmed machines. You would think that ResScan would be reliable enough to get the max pressure data correct.

The reason I'd like to see the detailed data is to figure out whether the "max" value is some kind of a "freak peak" or whether the machine actually raised the pressure that high in response to some kind of event or snoring or flow limitation.

If the machine is indeed raising the pressure above the max setting, then my guess is that it's a faulty machine. If this were me, I'd be taking it back to the DME and asking them what the heck is going on. And demanding that the machine be replaced under warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 07:38 AM)OpalRose Wrote: debby2242,
Is your attachment from ResScan software?

Is there a possibility that your pressure has been changed remotely by your DME?
If that happened then the max pressure setting should have changed. But the max pressure setting is clearly set to 8cm in this ResScan report.

Post Reply Post Reply
She should verify the settings in the Clinicial menu, as DME's have been known to change settings remotely.
Also, the ResScan software may not be giving reliable data.

If you have verified all stats, then I would asked for the machine to be exchanged.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a newbie question. The "pressure" being talked about here is a "setpoint" pressure and not a "detected" pressure, right? Just want to make sure I understand what I'm seeing in the data from my machine. The pressure graph I see from my data is either spiky or a series of ramps, not an organic-looking graph like what I see with flowrate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,844 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 2 54 Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 95 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 993 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 61 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 275 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.