Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreem by Rythm?
Dreem by Rythm?
Is anyone familiar with this company/product?

(my apologies, I had this post nicely formatted with pictures, but unfortunately I can't properly post links yet as I am new to the board...)

[commercial link removed per rules]

Link (Copy & Paste in browser's URL bar to follow): techcrunch.com/2016/03/29/rythm-raises-11m-to-pursue-sleep-improving-neurotechnology/

With $11M in funding, it seems like they have the potential to bring a brain-wave tracking product to market. I have just applied for their Beta program which they think will start delivery in June. Would be interested to know if anyone else is considering this unit as well?

As for me, I am new to the world of head gear and breathing machines, but have been very pleased with the access to data through SleepyHead, and plan to add Oximetry Data to the mix soon.

I also purchased a ResMed S+ unit this week, and while it is interesting (and being a data geek), I would like to see the raw data - not just a compiled graph. As reported here in other threads, ResMed Customer Support was less than helpful in this regard:

Quote:We apologize as there is no way to export the received data off the S+ App or device directly. The unit is a consumer product and not considered a medical device. For this reason, the device’s program is designed to download the incoming data automatically and transfer is to our database to create the customized MySPlus reports.

I also asked them about direct brainwave tracking, as I had read they purchased the assets of ZEO:

Quote:We currently are not planning to expand the S+ device into a device that monitors brainwaves directly. The S+ is a “no-contact” sleep monitor. ResMed as a company that designs many medical and home use devices, so a new product may exist one day in the future, however the S+ division does not have any plans at this time.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreem by Rythm?
Hi NovaSleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreem by Rythm?
I read it, and rather than a "brain wave tracking product" the Rythm device sounds like a headset that plays some sort of audio. I have at times seen other appliances or even phone apps that supposedly play a subliminal tone that promotes deeper sleep. Googelate the terms "subliminal", "deep sleep", and "delta wave" if you have an interest.

I don't express an opinion as to effectiveness, but I suspect this is the same kind of thing.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How accurate is DREEM? fejsbukpejdz 3 894 06-26-2020, 06:21 AM
Last Post: slowriter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.