Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

asv settings
asv settings
sorry I'm new user .I have philips respironics asv advanced.API index 6,6 CSR: 3.7, CA: 0.4, OA : 0.2
my new value: EPAP: 8 IPAP: 16 PS: 4
I changed the values on the table like below. İs İt correct?

Max Pres:25
Epap Min: 8
Epap: Max:12
BPM: Auto
Ps Min:2.0
Ps Max:4.0
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: asv settings
G'day Aergun, welcome to Apnea Board.

The settings you have given will result in an EPAP between 8 and 12, and an IPAP between 10 and 16. The machine won't get anywhere near the maximum pressure of 25.

Were these pressures prescribed following a test, or are you experimenting to see how they go? Without knowing anything about your case it does seem that the max PS is set very low. If you experience a central apnea, 4 cm of pressure support is unlikely to be enough to ventilate you and kick-start your breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I find documents about pressures setting in this forum.I did not see a thread about this case.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 06:21 AM)aergun Wrote: Can I find documents about pressures setting in this forum.I did not see a thread about this case.

What exactly are you looking for? Your settings should be prescribed after a titration test or a period of titration on the machine. Did you have a titration test? If not, are you working with a doctor or therapist, or are you trying to work it out by yourself? If you're doing it by yourself you'll need to use the SleepyHead or Encore software to monitor your progress and make adjustments accordingly.

See here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-HOW-DO-I for instructions on how to attach a screen dump from the software. Once we have some data to look at we'll be in a much better position to provide some advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have a titration test and I'm working a doctor. I used encore basic and sleepy head.I'm searching this case for two weeks.I want to learn this setting only.and the doctor said the ps is 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
Normally on ASV machines, the minimum PS is for comfort and may help to control obstructive hypopnea and snores; however the max PS is used to induce a breath during a central apnea event. Your current setup is more like a conventional bilevel machine. the pressure support is not adequate to overcome a central event. If you are having centrals, your PSmax should be set at no less than 8.0 and up to 15.0 to enable the "servo ventilator" function. If you're not having centrals, you don't need the ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see. Thanks for answers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aergun,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and with getting your ASV machine set up to meet your needs.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would use a PS min:4 and a PS max: 15
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aergun,

I think your EPAP range of 8-12 would be appropriate if when you were using an APAP or Bilevel Auto machine you only very rarely needed more pressure than 12 to prevent obstructive events.

I suggest using at least 2 as the Min PS setting.

I suggest at least 8 for the Max PS setting unless this causes a painful amount of air swallowing or some other problem making you unable to use 8 or higher for the Max PS setting.

Do you have any lung condition or disease which would make it advisable to lower the pressure? (Apparently not, since you have set your Max IPAP at 25, the machine's maximum value.)

Of late, ResMed is recommending a Max PS setting of at least 15 but I think most users need only around 10, and I think 15 would be far more difficult for a new user to get used to.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 829 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 3,663 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,118 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,759 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.