Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] DMEs to begin delivering CPAPs for your pet
RE: DMEs to begin delivering CPAPs for your pet
(04-01-2016, 03:24 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: I believe they will be covered under the new healthcare plan, Medicat .

Yep, they already have the website up and running. Just do a google search for "Medicat".

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 03:30 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Yep, they already have the website up and running. Just do a google search for "Medicat".
Eat-popcorn

Oops... my mistake. That's a private health care system for college-bound cats. The government Medicat website must still be in the creation stage.

[Image: chemistrycat000-75665.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
What I'd like to see is a reverse CPAP that goes on your rear end for those of us who tend to be gassy at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
April 31st... nice touch.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 03:40 PM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: What I'd like to see is a reverse CPAP that goes on your rear end for those of us who tend to be gassy at night.

Uh oh, you mean we are not supposed to connect our CPAP machine to our rear end? Wow, I bet that explains all the flatulence I have every morning!
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you could adapt something like this.

[Image: article-0-1D2972F000000578-98_634x415.jpg]

(04-01-2016, 03:40 PM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: What I'd like to see is a reverse CPAP that goes on your rear end for those of us who tend to be gassy at night.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had a cat that needed a CPAP. You could hear him all through the house, his snores were that loud.

I just downloaded the forms to fill out for one of our dogs, Sam. Wow, they want a lot of information! Some of it rather invasive. Does HIPAA apply here? Or would pets follow HIPPO?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the link to the form in PDF format:
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 03:24 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: I believe they will be covered under the new healthcare plan, Medicat .

Don't you mean "Obamacat"?
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 09:26 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:

Don't you mean "Obamacat"?

Me like.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare (US) and CPAPs KSMatthew 4 382 12-16-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Noisy Fans in New CPAPs stevew77 0 388 09-28-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: stevew77
Question DMEs in the PNW (Story & Question) SquishySquishCat 9 756 01-28-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Advice on buying rental CPAPS online fincy 2 703 06-21-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: SleepinAZ
  Where do I begin? [AirCurve 10 ST to Aircurve 10 ASV ] Bird Brain 56 4,962 12-24-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Recommended DMEs? Apria is awful tierdal 12 1,820 12-03-2021, 02:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Have I been destroying my CPAPs? SleeplessInVirginia 12 1,318 08-24-2021, 01:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.