Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User, Can somebody tell me what this means?
New User, Can somebody tell me what this means?
Hi, I am a new user of a CPAP machine, 3 nights old to be exact, I got the dreammapper app and this is the readout of last night, I dont know what all that means, and how can I use this information to better my therapy? do you have any link to a website where I can understand all this? Thanks for your help

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User, Can somebody tell me what this means?
Sure.
First I would suggest that you get and install the free sleephead software from the link at the top of the page. You are going to need it.

1. your machine has been given you set "wide open" 4-20 pressure is typically used to find the right pressure if you have not had a sleep study
2. your hypopneas are higher than they should be, most likely because of #1 above
3. your "ramp start pressure" is most likely on the low side and you may be feeling "starved for air" when you first put the mask on.
4. for the first 3 nights you are doing great, better cane be done with tweaks, but quite nice already

Sleepyhead will give you access to lots of information and will help us give better feedback. Without sleepyhead it's kind of like telling us the final stats after a sports game and asking us how they should train differently.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,musussu

8:52 hrs usage is good. Compliance is 4 hrs. per night.

The mask fit is as good as you can get at 100%. You had no large leaks, which is the goal.

AHI of 7 is a little high, but will probably will come down as you get used to using your machine. The AHI is the number of evenrs per hour you had for the sleep period.

The numbers listed below are the number of obstrutive events, listed by type, that your machine detected. The clear airway apneas are of concern. They need to be as close to zero as possible. All of this may be taken care of as you progress.

Your machine is set to run wide open and may not give you optimal treatment. You can download the SleepyHead software to track your data. You would be able to use it to post your data on the forum and the fine people can the advise you on your progress. The link for SleepyHead is at the top of the page.

Keep checking back. Im sure someone else will be able to give you more information.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not enough data to be of much help to you. Jus trnough to show that you likely need to do some tweaking of the settings to get the most out of treatment.

You will need more better software. The data that the dreammapper is showing is not particularly useful. ^^REVISION^^ If you read this before and it said that Sleepyhead did not support Dreamstation, I checked the Software Support forum and it reports that it now does. How you can get the Sleepyhead software is discussed at:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Available

Now, if you intend to print out reports for your doctor, then you will still probably want the EncorePro software. Doktors like seeing reports printed out by offishul manufacturer software. They don't often have the time to get familiar with third party software, 'specially if it is labeled "beta". You may have to scan the software support forum to find it.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, someone should say: Welcome
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2016, 01:43 PM)justMongo Wrote: Well, someone should say: Welcome

Didn't we used to have an official greeter? Kind of like WalMart? What happened to them?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all of your replies, it is scary starting out blind, I had my Sleep Study done on 5/19/2015, but i was in denial and just accepted that I needed to get the machine, since my insurance did not cover the equipment, I had to buy it myself, I downloaded the software and will start using it I feel very hopefull to have found this forum, everybody is great here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mussussu,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post and, feel free to ask as many questions to help you understand sleep apnea and your therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hang in there Muss and use that SleepyHead it will collect a lot more data that the folks here
can help you adjust your machine with.

Hang in there, you're doing the right thing so far.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleephead provides very good insight to what is happening. My Doc seem to only be interested in the summary data from rescan that they faxed over. And what he posted was a month back - end of March and I saw him last week.

So Mussussu, you may have to learn from all the knowledge on this forum. They are a valuable source of information.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to learn what OSCAR data means and I need help understanding my flow limits emmylouwho 13 1,639 04-21-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: emmylouwho
  AHI means nothing Jeremy H 23 2,404 02-23-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Jeremy H
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  I think this means I’m not so bad? honeybadger79 4 3,260 05-30-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: honeybadger79
  ASV - Need to know what it means & what machines treat it bwexler 5 2,755 10-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,155 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2
  not sure what a Respiratory Therapist means by these... twindad 6 3,944 09-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Bernie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.