Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What fixed pressure I should try?
RE: What fixed pressure I should try?
My room temp is 60F year-round (central hvac and window ac) so I double insulate my heated hose. I use a zippered resmed cover and a couple of the snuggle things to cover the hose system right up to the mask. I cover that with one and a half respironics loose fitting covers. I use velcro straps to tidy it up. There's considerable debate about covers but I use what works for me.

I use humidity=1 and hose temp=70F, because less humidity seems to work best for me. I just started using eucalyptus oil at my A10 intake and it really helps my congestion.

The second chart in the pdf is what I use to pair up a humidity and hose temp setting that will not cause rainout. Then I tweak either one as needed. That might be confusing. It's not a very stable system. Don't think it's resmed's fault.

I long for the old days with my m-series with a cold humidifier (heater off) and a heated hose. Worked right every night. Progress!
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion your still having sleep debt.
My guess is 3 nights on straight cpap will make you happy to have an APAP. Lol
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2016, 12:25 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: My opinion your still having sleep debt.

An interesting comment and one I feel is valid. I know when I get up whether or not I've had a better nights sleep. I feel more alert (no more brain fog), my demeanour is much more positive and that feeling of fatigue that runs through the muscles is not there.

I still start to yawn towards the end of the day but it's not a fatigue feeling, more like I need to sleep. To me this is all about wiping off some the sleep debt I've built up. It's only a personal feeling but my body is telling me that's what it is. I'd be interested to see if other xPAP newbies feel the same.

One thing I can say is that If I don't use the machine I really feel it!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I'm looking at your comments and wondering how you got that information. I know my Respironic (or something like that) has a chip but I don't know how to get any info from it.

I suffer some of the same problems. Can wear the device comfortably, but it hasn't helped my sleepiness or fatigue at all...

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you Ghost1958 for your feedback !

I saw my doctor yesterday and I will try CPAP at 11 CmH2o with the EPR set to 3 for a week !

More to come Unsure

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2016, 07:38 AM)Rousseau21 Wrote:
I saw my doctor yesterday and I will try CPAP at 11 CmH2o with the EPR set to 3 for a week !

As robysue suggested, a CPAP pressure closer to 13 or 14 may be needed to control your obstructive events.

On the other hand, perhaps CPAP pressure of 11 might be high enough if you are able to completely prevent yourself from rolling onto your back while asleep. For most of us, making sure we never roll onto our back while sleeping decreases our pressure needs.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2016, 08:41 AM)Sybil456 Wrote: Hi,
I'm looking at your comments and wondering how you got that information. I know my Respironic (or something like that) has a chip but I don't know how to get any info from it.

I suffer some of the same problems. Can wear the device comfortably, but it hasn't helped my sleepiness or fatigue at all...

Thanks.

Hi Sybil

From your profile, it looks like you have the machine type in the mask description. ie Remstar Pro C-flex is a machine, not a mask. I always get confused with the Respironics naming system, but I'm pretty sure your machine has an SD memory card which stores all the relevant data. You can see all the data using SleepyHead software, which you can download from here: http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

You can read all about SleepyHead here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Finally Ghost1958 it took me 5 days and I'm back with the APAP Laugh-a-lot

I will hope that my sleep debt is not too much Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
As to playing around with settings, I found it helpful to limit my range. I started of 8-12 and then raised to 12.9. Over time, I believed I was being partially woken by the higher pressure or the change of pressure. I reset my bottom range to 9 and gradually reduced the 12.9 to 11 over a week or two. My AHI did not change. I am still having problems, but I know they are different causes. Just have to deal with one at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 689 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.