Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed P10 vs F10 results
Resmed P10 vs F10 results
Guys,
I typically use P10 pillows with Airsense A10 Autoset but due to having very narrow nasal passages (awaiting surgery for "rebore") sometimes I struggle to breath and so switch to full face. When I do though I get much higher AHIs. With pillows I'd be around 0-2 but with full face maybe 5-15! I do change the machine settings from pillows to full face when I switch.
I originally started out 10 months ago on full face and would get results around 5 or just below somwhat might have changed and why would pillows owkr better than FF anyway?
Cheers Evan

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed P10 vs F10 results
I am sure people who know what they are talking about will answer soon, until then I will babble a little.

I use and F10 on an Autoset now.

1. I have read that pressure requirements are different for the two, I want to say the F10 requires higher pressure to obtain the same therapy. So, you would have to raise the pressure a little in addition to changing the setting in the machine to obtain the same results.

2. I find the F10 tends to have a lot of minor variation in leakage. If you are like me and flop around a lot that could be impacting the readings, I believe leaks are supposed to affect the accuracy of the machines ability to mark events.

I have a P10 on order and will be very interested in how it compares, than you for posting.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Frank,
I wasnt aware of diiferent pressure for F19 vs P10, only changing the setting as to which mask, Ill ask my technician next week.
As for leaks, indeed I have MUCH higher leaks with F10. Maybe as Im knly using occasionally Im not used to it? I have also read leaks can confuse results so will also check that with tech and will read data interpreTion manual from Resmed.

Cheers (and good luck with P10)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 03:59 PM)ehunter Wrote: Thanks Frank,
I wasnt aware of diiferent pressure for F19 vs P10, only changing the setting as to which mask, Ill ask my technician next week.
As for leaks, indeed I have MUCH higher leaks with F10. Maybe as Im knly using occasionally Im not used to it? I have also read leaks can confuse results so will also check that with tech and will read data interpreTion manual from Resmed.

Cheers (and good luck with P10)

The main problems I saw with the F10 leaking were:

1. Straps too tight. It is designed to be loose and then inflate.
2. Beard.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I wasnt aware of diiferent pressure for F19 vs P10
there aren't any pressure requirements for the mask, but for some people, a full face mask may close their airway due to the pressure on the lower jaw, and that, for some people may require higher pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 04:26 PM)palerider Wrote:
there aren't any pressure requirements for the mask, but for some people, a full face mask may close their airway due to the pressure on the lower jaw, and that, for some people may require higher pressures.

My reference was to threads here that some people find that they get the same AHI with lower pressure with the P10.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 04:48 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 04:26 PM)palerider Wrote:
My reference was to threads here that some people find that they get the same AHI with lower pressure with the P10.

which is consistent with what I said, that for some people different masks may need higher or lower pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 06:50 PM)palerider Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 04:48 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 04:26 PM)palerider Wrote: there aren't any pressure requirements for the mask, but for some people, a full face mask may close their airway due to the pressure on the lower jaw, and that, for some people may require higher pressures.

which is consistent with what I said, that for some people different masks may need higher or lower pressures.

Ah, agreed, I misread your post.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 180 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 132 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 473 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.