Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Encore Pro Shows Cheynes Stokes Respiration in wave form
RE: Encore Pro Shows Cheynes Stokes Respiration in wave form
wow. i can only dream (literally) about having results like you do Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Encore Pro Shows Cheynes Stokes Respiration in wave form
(05-06-2016, 02:30 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: wow. i can only dream (literally) about having results like you do Smile

I was diagnosed with marginal-mild apnea, which explains the low numbers I am able to achieve. I don't have as far to go to get there. My AHI during the during my sleep study was 5.8 and my normal AHI is under 1 with treatment.

Those numbers are misleading, however. My sleep issues stemmed more from RERAs than from the apnea events I was experiencing. Even after getting the AHI down below 5 I was experiencing enough mini hypopneas that weren't flagged that I was having numerous RERAs per night and actually awakening several times a night. When my AHI went below 5 my sleep doctor considered my apnea treated even though I still wasn't sleeping well.

Armed with the good information I found on this board I set my DreamStation to auto trial for a few nights and self titrated. By raising my treatment pressure from the prescribed 8 cm to 10 cm I reduced my RERA events to almost nothing even though my average AHI didn't change much. I have gone from getting up numerous times per night to go to the bathroom to not waking at all most nights. Needless to say my sleep quality has improved tremendously.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 95 Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 244 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 820 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 292 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 11 501 02-08-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.