Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Well, darn, forgot to put the card back in.
Angry 
Well, darn, forgot to put the card back in.
This is just a rant and a warning for other noobs like me, BE SURE THE CARD IS IN THE MACHINE.

I seem to have lost last nights detail data by not putting the card back in last night. Thats annoying. I now the machine will refuse to work with a locked card but I guess not having one is okay. I can sort of see that since it is more important to get the therapy than to record it, but still annoying.

I put the card back in this morning and it didn't write the detail data from last night.

Sleepyhead reports no AHI for last night, Usage, Session Time and Pressure is shown. Sigh.

Today my WiFi card will be here, so I don't have to worry about doing this again.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Well, darn, forgot to put the card back in.
It happens to the best of us Frank. Your machine should record the most important data on its internal memory but you will miss the high resolution stuff. Somewhat annoying but after you've been on the hose for a few years one or two nights of missing data isn't a big deal in the scheme of things.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2016, 07:03 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: It happens to the best of us Frank. Your machine should record the most important data on its internal memory but you will miss the high resolution stuff. Somewhat annoying but after you've been on the hose for a few years one or two nights of missing data isn't a big deal in the scheme of things.

Yeah, I know, I am mainly mad at myself. I wanted a complete record during my compliance test. I know the doctor probably isn't interested in it, they just want the summary, but darn...

Oh-jeez
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I've done it. I also think I once inserted or removed the card incorrectly, and corrupted two nights' data. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but on my machine (PRS1-ASV), when you put the card in, the "Info" box on the screen is highlighted for a moment, presumably as it reads the card. I think I inadvertently popped the card back out in mid-read and that's what corrupted the data. I didn't think I had the card in correctly, so pressed it again a bit too hard and it came out. Lesson: Don't do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
The PRS1 seems to write the previous nights data to the card if you put it in the next day... done it twice!
Post Reply Post Reply
I try to remember to turn the machine off when I put the card in or take it out. Not always successful with that either... sigh, the WiFi card will be here today and solve this (I hope).
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2016, 08:52 AM)HGMonaro Wrote: The PRS1 seems to write the previous nights data to the card if you put it in the next day... done it twice!

The PRS60 does indeed do that so never a problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
My machine has a rubber flap over the card slot, so when I take the card out I prop it open with a bright orange ear plug. If I look at the machine at all I see that plug and fetch the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2016, 11:05 AM)PoolQ Wrote: My machine has a rubber flap over the card slot, so when I take the card out I prop it open with a bright orange ear plug. If I look at the machine at all I see that plug and fetch the card.

That is a really good idea, if the WiFi SD Card doesn't work out I will do that.

I am hoping thew WiFi card makes it a non-issue. But I need to be certain I can back up the WiFi card to the/a normal SD card occasionally just in case, and also so I can take the data into the doctor, although I guess there is no reason to not take the WiFi card in when I need to.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2016, 11:16 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: I am hoping thew WiFi card makes it a non-issue. But I need to be certain I can back up the WiFi card to the/a normal SD card occasionally just in case, and also so I can take the data into the doctor, although I guess there is no reason to not take the WiFi card in when I need to.

I leave my sd card in the card reader on my Mac, use FlashPAP to copy the data to it from the wifi card and then import the data into SleepyHead from the sd card. It's all automated so it's easy to do. I started doing this when I first started using the wifi card to kill two birds with one stone. EncorePro has a problem reading from a directory on the computer and I wanted a copy on a sd card.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 525 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 935 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 295 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 235 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.