Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME sold me a used mask as new. Any thoughts?
DME sold me a used mask as new. Any thoughts?
I decided to give the DME another chances after they screwed me on the billing for my last mask.

The good news is that I only needed to contact my insurance company three different times and use the word "health care fraud" a handful of times to get charged the right amount for a mask.

The bad news is that the new mask took 16 days to get here from 2 states away, and it's used. They lied about the shipping and said it was shipped to me on the 4th, when the tracking record clearly indicates the 19th.

The bag isn't a Resmed Perforated bag, it's some generic plastic bag that they heat sealed. And they didn't even do a good job on the heat seal.

The paper label in the bag is dog-eared, the bag is dirty, damaged and full of fine lint inside and out, as is the mask and the pillows. The silicone mouth piece and pillows are all linty and the bags that the other size pillows came in aren't even printed the same. They might be from different batches, or just knockoffs.

They're really pissing me off and I'm damn sure not going to pay for this, but what can I do? Can I demand a free mask? Would reporting them to the Attorney General or Insurance Company do anything?

Thoughts?

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME sold me a used mask as new. Any thoughts?
I'd start by photographing its condition.

What to do? Depends one what kind of insurance you have; and their relationship to the DME.
In Kalifornia, we have a state insurance commissioner. Perhaps you have one where you are.

It would think notifying the insurance company would be in order.
Certainly never do business with this DME again.

BTW -- who is the miscreant DME?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 05:24 PM)Terry Wrote: They're really pissing me off and I'm damn sure not going to pay for this, but what can I do?

Well, not paying for it would be a start. I wouldn't return it to them, either. I'd keep it and I'd write a letter of complaint to the appropriate regulatory body.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Name and shame so others don't make the same mistake by using that DME. If you provide photographic evidence along with a statement such as..."look what my DME sent me as brand new". Make sure that the name of the DME is in some of the photos.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 05:24 PM)Terry Wrote: I decided to give the DME another chances after they screwed me on the billing for my last mask.

The good news is that I only needed to contact my insurance company three different times and use the word "health care fraud" a handful of times to get charged the right amount for a mask.

The bad news is that the new mask took 16 days to get here from 2 states away, and it's used. They lied about the shipping and said it was shipped to me on the 4th, when the tracking record clearly indicates the 19th.

The bag isn't a Resmed Perforated bag, it's some generic plastic bag that they heat sealed. And they didn't even do a good job on the heat seal.

The paper label in the bag is dog-eared, the bag is dirty, damaged and full of fine lint inside and out, as is the mask and the pillows. The silicone mouth piece and pillows are all linty and the bags that the other size pillows came in aren't even printed the same. They might be from different batches, or just knockoffs.

They're really pissing me off and I'm damn sure not going to pay for this, but what can I do? Can I demand a free mask? Would reporting them to the Attorney General or Insurance Company do anything?

Thoughts?

Terry

I'm still considered new here, but this blatantly sounds like a very nasty joke! Huhsign I won't put the thing any where near my equipment, let alone on my face...Health issues galore. It a definite report to health care regulatory committee action! (or the state of business origin Health department) Where is that service located? Huh They should NOT be in business!
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,749 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,508 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,568 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 833 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 420 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 402 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Anyone seen it/tried it? Thoughts. David Clark 6 733 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.