Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10
RE: ResMed AirSense 10
which is set automatically with a climateline hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just brought home a "new" AirSense 10 and found out at 11pm that the machine made a loud "dog toy" noise on inhale and exhale. This noise was way too loud for either my wife or I to consider sleeping with. After reading the thread mentioned by BadGoodDeb, I suspect the manufacturer had a flaw in some machines and sent them out anyway. My machine was supposed to be new, but interestingly had a sticker on it that said "inspected by" with a ball point signature. Interesting. I am somewhat suspicious that there might be some hot potato machines that keep getting reintroduced until they find someone willing to put up with the noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a vid of the Resmed noise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlDZtTeB...e=youtu.be
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, Good Grief! No one should have to put up with that noise! Oh-jeez

Did you purchase from a DME? I would return that machine and demand a "new" machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was from a medical supply company. I requested a new Resmed. This one is new and is very, very quiet. In fact, it is quieter than the Dream Machine. They confessed to giving me a used machine and said that it was only used once.

Noise asside, I like the Resmed better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lesson to be learn by everyone - ALWAYS check the run time hours on the machine before accepting delivery. It only takes a second to enter the Clinicians menu and scroll down to run time. If you don't want a used machine, be proactive.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a new reservoir for my machine.(3rd one) Apparently ResMed can not replicate the burn mark that has happened to the 2 other reservoirs for my new machine. I am now setting the humidifier at 1 for a week then 2 for a week and so on until the mark appears again. I suspect it is the machine but they won't admit it just yet. As far as the noise goes, the machine is much quieter but still a little annoying on inhale especially. Will update when anything new comes up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2016, 08:28 AM)Badjo17 Wrote: I have a new reservoir for my machine.(3rd one) Apparently ResMed can not replicate the burn mark that has happened to the 2 other reservoirs for my new machine. I am now setting the humidifier at 1 for a week then 2 for a week and so on until the mark appears again. I suspect it is the machine but they won't admit it just yet. As far as the noise goes, the machine is much quieter but still a little annoying on inhale especially. Will update when anything new comes up.

Instead, just ask for a refund and go to a different DME.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2016, 03:32 PM)GingerMan512 Wrote: You may want to return the whole machine. My Airsense10 is whisper quiet.

Mine starts off quiet at 6cmH2O, when it ramps up to my pressure of 14, its very noisy. Not a whistling sound, more a whirring sound as you breathe in and out. Any clues?
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure the humidifier is pushed all the way in to the machine and that the seals are all good with the gasket in the humidifier and humidifier to machine openings. Bad seals make bad noises.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 59 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,435 10 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 133 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,993 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 135 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,156 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,631 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.