Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10
RE: ResMed AirSense 10
(12-29-2016, 05:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sounds quiet and normal to me. Put that CPAP inside the drawer and use a hole saw to cut a 2-inch hole in the rear for the hose and electric. You will never hear it again and it will be better to get it below your head level to avoid drainage of condensate an possible accidental pull-offs.

So that whirring on inhale is normal? The 2 different rental machines (Resmed 10 Autosets) didnt make that whirring noise at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't hear much more than some air movement Dont-know

Is the filter in place? I still say put it in the drawer.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2016, 05:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't hear much more than some air movement Dont-know

Is the filter in place? I still say put it in the drawer.

S0 here are 2 distinct sounds. A hissing sound which I would call air movement, and a whirring sound which I assume is the pump. The whirring sound at the 26 to 32 sec mark of the video is the loud (in the middle of the night) annoying sound I am referring to. The rental machines did not make this sound at all. Just a barely audible hum and air flow sound (a slight hiss). No whistling, no whirring sound.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new to CPAP therapy and have the same machine. Yes, the machine has developed and approximate 1 3/4" long by 1/4" wide burn mark in the water reservoir after 5 weeks with this new machine. Tomorrow will be day 3 that I'm waiting for a return call from the DME vendor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2016, 05:43 PM)nanbar Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 05:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sounds quiet and normal to me.  Put that CPAP inside the drawer and use a hole saw to cut a 2-inch hole in the rear for the hose and electric.  You will never hear it again and it will be better to get it below your head level to avoid drainage of condensate an possible accidental pull-offs.

So that whirring on inhale is normal? The 2 different rental machines (Resmed 10 Autosets) didnt make that whirring noise at all.

Confirmed today, the second machine I had was faulty (noisy) also. A whole batch is stuffed apparantly and I've had two of them. I wasn't going mad after all all. The rental machine I have now is quiet as a mouse compared to the 2 jumbo jets I have had.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 374 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,724 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,600 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,766 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,176 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.