Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The X-files
RE: The X-files
(05-03-2016, 12:38 PM)robysue Wrote: A lot of what's been talked about are causes and solutions for fragmented sleep. And that's great. But it's more CPAP + <other things> that allow people with OSA to finally get a genuinely good night's sleep.

I don't mean to suggest that there are <other things> that can take the place of xPAP for many, if any, of us. If such things exist, we'd probably already know about them. But there may well be things that help xPAP to work better, or as you say, improve the quality of sleep in other ways.

There's still a lot we don't know about apnea--in particular I don't think we know how to draw the causal arrows between things. I was diagnosed with OSA at age 52, but I probably had had it for years, if not decades. I wasn't aware of any "sleep problems" until just the past few years (I'm 62 now).

But I'm curious as to what people have tried, including things that are farther off the beaten path than I would normally venture. What about Reiki/"energy healing"? Has nobody here tried that? I'd like to hear about it. I'm skeptical about such things, but I also take the view that anything not inherently dangerous (or terribly expensive) is worth a try. I'd rather find something helpful than preserve my skeptical purity.
Post Reply Post Reply
The original poster started off talking about non-xPAP treatments for sleep apnea.

I just felt the need to point that out. oldman

(05-03-2016, 12:38 PM)robysue Wrote: There are two distinctively different, but interrelated conversations going on in this thread:

1) What kinds of things have people been able to use to improve their overall sleep?

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2016, 04:09 PM)green wings Wrote: The original poster started off talking about non-xPAP treatments for sleep apnea.

I just felt the need to point that out. oldman

(05-03-2016, 12:38 PM)robysue Wrote: There are two distinctively different, but interrelated conversations going on in this thread:

1) What kinds of things have people been able to use to improve their overall sleep?
Yes, I know the OP asked about non-PAP treatments for sleep apnea. But I was pointing out that most of the conversation had steered away from that and into a more general conversation about what to do to fix bad sleep issues that are not really part of OSA.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
My personal opinion is that there's enough causal interaction between sleep apnea and other sleep disturbances that anything that helps one might plausibly help the other.
Post Reply Post Reply
So glad to read all the post Thanks Good questions, good answers and ideas.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Members-Only FILES SuperSleeper 13 397 02-16-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Treatment] Bobby J's Sleep Files Bobby J 3 490 03-16-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Bobby J
  John's Sleep Files, Need Help To Good Sleep. fstbiker 6 942 03-14-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: fstbiker
  Android writes files to SD Card melbell 4 818 05-22-2022, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transferring Historical Patient Files between 2 machines Ecneralc 1 1,150 09-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Admin Note] SECRET FILES - You'll have to join Apnea Board to see them! SuperSleeper 1 15,643 05-30-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Transferring to new Hard Drive - Sleepyhead data files Mosquitobait 3 1,624 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.