Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Long cycles visible in Sleepyhead
Long cycles visible in Sleepyhead
AHI was 15 when tested. Now AHI is usually less than 1

In Sleepyhead, I observe some long periodic cycles in mask pressure coinciding with most other measures (Tidal, Resp. rate, etc.) See attachment.

I'm just curious of these cycles reflect my sleep state (REM, etc.) or something else? Is the machine gradually lowering pressure to the minimum that works and then bumping it back up, or ???

Tom

Using:

ResMed AirSense 10
AutoSetModel
P10 Pillows
PAP Mode: APAP
Min 4 Max 8 (cmH2O)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Long cycles visible in Sleepyhead
Your machine is functioning as designed. With your low AHI, you don't need to do anything unless the pressure swings are bothering you.

The ResMed AutoSet algorithm always tries to get back to the machine's minimum pressure, and then it increases the pressure if it detects that it has dropped the pressure too far. It may be overcompensating a little. I doubt that it has anything to do with stages of sleep.

If the pressure swings are bothering you, you might want to increase the minimum pressure a little, or even switch to fixed pressure because you're already using a narrow pressure range. Don't tamper with success if you're not bothered by the pressure swings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Long cycles visible in Sleepyhead
(05-06-2016, 03:56 PM)tfield98 Wrote: AHI was 15 when tested. Now AHI is usually less than 1

In Sleepyhead, I observe some long periodic cycles in mask pressure coinciding with most other measures (Tidal, Resp. rate, etc.) See attachment.

I'm just curious of these cycles reflect my sleep state (REM, etc.) or something else? Is the machine gradually lowering pressure to the minimum that works and then bumping it back up, or ???

Tom

Using:

ResMed AirSense 10
AutoSetModel
P10 Pillows
PAP Mode: APAP
Min 4 Max 8 (cmH2O)

Notice what stays constant? The flow rate. The machine is making adjustments to keep the flow rate constant. Changes in breathing during sleep cycles causes the machine to increase pressures to keep the flow rate constant.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 380 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 558 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,805 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  50 second long central apnea esaulcatnas 6 678 09-04-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  After a long time I'm back. Had a night again with low 80% dip oxygen level MyronH 0 448 08-05-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.