Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VitalSleep or other dental device, any suggestions
Question 
VitalSleep or other dental device, any suggestions
Has anyone tried VitalSleep or other dental device? Can you tell me about your use. Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VitalSleep or other dental device, any suggestions
I have not, but ask about changes to your bite. The dentist I consulted said that after 3-4 years most (or many? going from memory here) would not longer be able to chew normally. This effect is permanent. After eleven years, the percentage hit 100%. For me, CPAP was a pretty easy choice. I like chewing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kwhenrykerr,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I haven't tried either of those things you mentioned. CPAP therapy was the first thing I tried and I'm not having any trouble , so I'll keep on with it..
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried cheap mouth guards briefly and they work great to reduce obstructions. However all cheap dental devices will put forward pressure on your incisives and risk changing your occlusion and opening up your bite. I have stopped using them because of this. After using them a few days, I always felt in the morning that my incisives were sore so imagine after years of use. I did try the vitalsleep and even the good morning solution tongue retaining device but both got my front teeth sore. There are expensive appliances (resmed narval cc for example) that can be custom fitted by a dentist that will put the pressure on stronger teeth but even they have disclaimers that your teeth may shift. I think the safest treatment is cpap, until someone invents some apparatus preventing your jaw from dropping without using the teeth as anchors.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 126 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,038 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,927 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 251 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.