Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clinician Setting on Older S9 Machine:
RE: Clinician Setting on Older S9 Machine:
Thanks to all for the great help and responses. I have worked with my S9 and tried every setting on every level that I can find and I have yet to get one good nights sleep or any semblance of "normal" upon waking up after using it. Not once on any of the 3 machines I have used in the many years I have used them.

At this time in my life I am living in a house I rented after moving closer to my family. The area is at 4,000 feet elevation. Does anyone have any information or experiences with the relationship to or significance of lung disease and elevation? I have COPD and Complex SA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Vaughn, thanks for taking the time with all that great information. Unfortunately the catch 22 if you will of our ailment or at least for me is that the sicker I get, the more cloudy technical stuff like this is to understand. I am really not understanding most of what you said although it all sounds great and I do appreciate it for certain..

What is supplier 19? Oximeter? I did follow the basic suggestions you laid out for my machine and am still finding that overall, I am healthier feeling when I wake up by not using a machine at all but then that changes and goes the other way.

I know I need a machine every night and I'm fine with that. Just ever so frustrating not getting any professional help from my "healthcare" provider and never ever ever getting any good results after all these years with any machine I have used..

Could it be the elevation? I came here to the Bend area to visit my family just under 2 years ago and am pretty sure it's been all down hill since then.. I am at over 4K feet elevation... Have read about something called periodic high altitude breathing ... http://www.altitude.org/sleep_at_high_altitude.php
Post Reply Post Reply
For supplier 19, see "Supplier List" at the top of any page.
An oximeter measures the percentage of blood hemoglobin that is carrying oxygen.
I won't go into the technical "how is works" -- it uses a small cuff over a finger tip.

4000 ft may have some effect; but, it's really not that high. Most CPAP machines are self compensating for altitude up to about 7,500 feet.
Living at altitude usually causes people to create more red blood cells to compensate. This accommodation happens fairly quickly -- a couple of months perhaps.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Mongo that is a good replay on the altitude.. I've received several varying opinions on that but will take yours as good news..

One more thing I forgot to mention.. SleepyHead..
Got it downloaded and what do I do with it now..

In my mind I seem to be missing something in the way of a cable or interface..
How to get the S9 data to my desktop computer.. I am on the right track here?
I have a little sim card that goes in the S9. Does that have a part to play here?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2016, 07:46 PM)DesertMax Wrote: How to get the S9 data to my desktop computer.. I am on the right track here?
I have a little sim card that goes in the S9. Does that have a part to play here?

That card is called an SD card. You push in to release it; then lock it (tab on left side of card); insert into PC's card reader slot; and point Sleephead at the SD card drive.

Try RobySue's primer on Sleepyhead:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thought that might be it. My PC does not have a card reader slot.
I appreciate all the help I am getting here more than I could ever say
and wish to follow along. Maybe I can get a stand alone card reader for my PC.
I'll check that right now...
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps something like this? <Link to USB 2.0 All In 1 Multi Memory Card Reader removed>

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know that I would use that one, some of the really tiny cheap ones don't implement the "write protect" option to keep the computer from writing crap that the S9 series doesn't like.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I'll keep looking then.. thanks! Dreaming of dreaming and waking up refreshed and energized again...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 11:11 AM)DesertMax Wrote: Thanks to all for the great help and responses. I have worked with my S9 and tried every setting on every level that I can find and I have yet to get one good nights sleep or any semblance of "normal" upon waking up after using it.

This practice is not only not going to work, it will make things worse.

Somewhere somehow you've got to find the settings prescribed by the doctor. If you don't have it written down somewhere you will need to download the data and look at the settings you had when you started using the machine.

Once you put the machine back on those settings and use it, you can then look at the data and make decisions about adjustments based on the data. Just trying different settings will never work.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 150 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 71 78,795 03-20-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,177 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 251 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 425 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.