Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I own my CPAP or what?
RE: Do I own my CPAP or what?
(07-06-2012, 08:48 AM)BabyDoc Wrote: Washing hoses or nasal pillows in the dishwasher will not get the more important insides of them clean. It's probably better to wash them in the shower so that warm soapy water can run through them. I hang them up to dry on the end of a curtain rod afterwards.

Pre-wash and post wash the pillows and also wash them in the dishwasher. If you put them in the dishwasher the right way, I think enough water will go through them to do a pretty good job of cleaning. I put mine around the little prongs that keep the dishes standing up so that water can flow through. You might need to put something over the prong to keep the pillow from falling off the prong.

I agree that hoses won't necessarily get clean inside in the dishwasher. Once you've done whatever manual cleaning with soap you want, you may be able to slip the end over the end of the faucet in the kitchen sink and run hot water through the hose. If it won't fit for you, you may be able to change the nozzle or the "aerator" with one that will fit the hose.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.