Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What should I do about my EPAP settings on my ASV machine?
What should I do about my EPAP settings on my ASV machine?
Hello Board Fellows!

I have been in the process of adjusting to my new PR System One Bipap Auto SV Advanced machine (see previous posts) and I have read on the Board Forum that making changes to a particular pressure should be a gradual process.

I spoke with my pulmonologist who recommended that I change my EPAP from 5 to 8 since my AHI was considerably high. Being quite anxious and following her directions, I adjusted it to 8 three nights ago and my AHI shot up to 14, so I tried going down to 6 the next night and my AHI was 4.7. Last night, I went to 6.5 and my AHI was 11.

I think I've learned my lesson about GRADUALLY!

Should I go back down to 6 or stay at 6.5 for the week?

[Image: 2640rix.jpg]

Thanks for your consideration!

Jeffo1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What should I do about my EPAP settings on my ASV machine?
I use the same machine for two months.settings: epap min/ max: 7/8 and ps min/max: 0/15
AHI values between turns 2 and 3.(only hypopnea) sometimes AHI<1
I try different settings.be cause asleep is not comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What should I do about my EPAP settings on my ASV machine?
Well, 4.7 isn't terrible and it is better than 11. But it could also be the one night at 6.5 (resulting in 11) was just that night. You really should do several nights at 6, then several at 6.5 and see what the results are. It also looks like your Epap is not set at a fixed number (and sometimes shoots up) if I am reading the chart correctly. You might want to use a constant Epap number or a vary small range, and then let only the Ipap pressures change. Lastly, what do you have the "Flex" set at? 0 to 3 are the possible, but as your are already in auto Epap, you probable want it at 0 or 1. Oh, what is the breathe rate? that you probably want in auto.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,428 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 149 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  UARS suspected - how set IPAP and EPAP jrcifani5005 20 1,199 03-05-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: jrcifani5005
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 315 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 288 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 337 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 898 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.