Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep apnea and scuba diving
Sleep apnea and scuba diving
So I have been exploring the idea of wanting to try scuba diving. I don't think that having sleep apnea would be a deterrent to trying.

I wanted to get the board's advice on trying scuba diving when I have sleep apnea. Is it a good/bad idea? Why or why not? My PCP doesn't think it would be an issue, just want to know if I should be worried about anything or possible side effects. I know that there is a poster on here that used to scuba dive, any thoughts would be great. Thanks for any input.

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep apnea and scuba diving
I scuba and have sleep apnea, no problem at all. Scuba is awesome, get ready to have a new obsession! Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I scubaed long ago and can see no problem. If you are falling asleep during daytime that may be a problem. Enjoy yourselfOkay

Post Reply Post Reply
I dive frequently. I have not experienced any complications when diving, nor with my treatments afterwards.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 228 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 124 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 293 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 205 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 384 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 509 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 770 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.