Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Tracker FitBit-Like Gadget?
Sleep Tracker FitBit-Like Gadget?
Is there a particular fitbit-like tracker that people use for sleep. Someone told me to get one that was a different brand than fitbit to track my sleep, but I can't recall what it was called. Does anyone have one that tracks sleep well? I use an app on my phone that detects movement while I sleep, but I want something more detailed and accurate about how much I am actually sleeping versus waking up. My cpap machine tells me how many apneas I have, which is currently under control. My sleep app on my phone says I am moving a lot, which got better when the doctor found my Ferritan was low and started me on iron. I would like something that has a better way of telling me if I am sleeping and how many hours I am actually asleep because the others don't clearly tell me how much I actually woke up.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Tracker FitBit-Like Gadget?
I have used a FitBit Flex with good tracking. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the fitbit wrist band both before my sleep test and after. While it surprisingly shows increased activity and awakenings at night, which should have led my to a suspicion of sleep apnea but didn't, it does not correlate to the data collected by my CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fitbit Charge HR... it will show your hours asleep, and numbers of times restless (moving) and awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the Fitbit show the time that your are awake, and can you correlate it with Cpap graphs in Sleepyhead?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Clearskiesaustin,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Member Frank Nichols has posted several threads about a Resmed S+ device; the most recent is http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...S-Followup

As I recall, it wasn't very expensive, and is non-contact, using some sort of radar, apparently. If you click that link, you will probable find more related links at the bottom of the page.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Thanks everyone for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2016, 06:15 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Does the Fitbit show the time that your are awake, and can you correlate it with Cpap graphs in Sleepyhead?

Yes it work that way. Sleephead is much better, but it's OK

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Question Fitbit / Apple Watch with OSCAR B1Sailor 11 2,187 11-22-2022, 08:27 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.