Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CHEST SORENESS AFTER STOPPING CPAP
CHEST SORENESS AFTER STOPPING CPAP
After 2years of 99% compliance nightly using cpap, i went 5 consecutive nights without cpap to evaluate the difference in how i felt with and without cpap therapy. The only thing i noticed was a slight soreness in the center of my shest when roll over in bed or do some other activity that puts pressure on my chest. No soreness when i breathe.
I stopped cpap to see if bloated feeling from swallowing air would subside.
Couldn't tell any difference. I am back on cpap. Still have the chest soreness. Anyone experience the soreness or know if stopping cpap caused the soreness?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CHEST SORENESS AFTER STOPPING CPAP
I had chest soreness, right in the center. Laying down, sitting up, walking-bypass and stents cured it. walked into the ER with an active heart attack happening. Very lucky. Not total pain, just enough so I said Hum this is different, perhaps it's not good. It was almost gone when I walked into the ER and I was told that if I had rolled over and gone to sleep, that would have been it for me. Zero history of this in the family.

Make sure you know what it is and get it checked out if needed. Chest pain is not something to ignore.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, definitely get that chest pain checked out. CPAP therapy should cause very little pain and what does occur should fade quickly. Say you practice lifting 10 pounds per arm for strength. Adding in CPAP would be the equivalent of adding 3.2 ounces to the ten pound weight if your CPAP is set at 20 cm. Not gonna make your arms sore, I think.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have no pain in arms. Only time i have chest pain is when i sit up in bed or turn side to side in bed. No pain when taking deep breaths or walking on golf course for several hours. I have no congestion or cough. Possibly i have just strained something and nothing to do with cpap, just a coincidence the pain started while i was not using the cpap the 5 days
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  Chest Pains. Set pressure? Dolla Bill 13 1,066 08-28-2023, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Dolla Bill
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 511 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 585 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  [CPAP] CA increase after stopping with drinking Sprunk 12 1,407 05-30-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: restless51
Sad [Pressure] Aerophagia and chest soreness favosys 6 794 05-21-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: favosys
  Stopping AirSense 10 AutoSet Nailuj 3 413 04-20-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.