Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Should heated hose get warm?
RE: Should heated hose get warm?
(06-08-2016, 08:16 AM)VMOMMO Wrote: I am trying to run it in manual with the humidity set at 6 and the hose temp set at max but have intermittent rain out problems.

Have you tried running in auto to see if that fixes the rain out problem? Also, the hose cover alone should help with the rain out issue.

If all else fails, lower the humidity to 5.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After I wash or rinse the hose, I am able to reconnect it and run the machine with the humidifier tank empty and attached, but the humidifier turned off (under the options menu). The heated airflow dries out the water in about 8 minutes. I asked the respiratory therapist if that was bad for the unit or if putting it to that use was messing up my usage data for her - she said no. Otherwise, I found the hose just did could not dry out if left to hang-dry by itself, and I don't imagine that sort of constant moisture can be a good thing bacteria-wise. I read some folks sharing that they shake or spin water out of theirs - that didn't work for me, though have to say that I was not really aggressive about it, not wanting to damage any of the long, thin heating wire or make cracks in the hose, and the little force that I was willing to use just didn't shake out very much water at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I turned my humidity setting up from 4 to 5 I got bad rainout with my heated hose in a cool room. But adding a cover solved that problem. The hose never felt warm.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 607 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 229 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 580 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.