Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night on CPAP, did ok. Any suggestions?
RE: First night on CPAP, did ok. Any suggestions?
(06-11-2016, 06:36 PM)chill Wrote: If it is pushing your jaw in, it might be too tight. Mine does not do that (on my face).

chill, that first night it WAS pushing my jaw in. Loosened it up for second night and did not feel the pushing. Tightened it a bit more for the third, still ok.
(06-11-2016, 09:46 PM)pupcamper Wrote: I used a FFM when I first started out and also had problems with dry mouth caused by large leaks until I finally got the mask adjusted. I found I could alleviate the dry mouth by using Biotene gel when going to bed and whenever I got up at night. It is important to make sure the bottom straps are even with each other (same length) and the top straps are even with each other.

pupcamper, I'll check out the Biotene, and I did bump up the humidity, didn't have the bad dry mouth last night. Straps are very even, but think I need to go a bit tighter.
"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, green wings. So last night everything, except dry mouth, got worse. AHI went up to 5.91 up from the mid 2's. Time over leak redline went up a few percentage points. This morning I woke up at 7:15 and thought I was done for the night, took off the mask and promptly went back to sleep for another hour! I am really tired again today. I know this will take time. One thing I did differently was to try to sleep more on my back, even though I don't like doing it, and that's what probably bumped up my numbers. I am trying to learn efficient back sleeping in anticipation of hip surgery in August. Will be forced to back sleep, or sleep sitting up, for 6 weeks afterwards.

I might be sick, I don't know. I am wheezing again today after using humidity last night. Do you think it would be a good idea to start a new thread about that issue, of having wheezing when using humidity? I haven't wheezed at all in 2 years and 4 months until the day after my first night on CPAP with humidity, and then again after the third night when I used humidity again.
"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply
Kris: It is often best to start a new thread when you want to shift the topic of a thread.
Threads tend to sort of die off... that is they get limited responses.

To get attention on a subject that splits off the initial thread, a new thread will have a new title that will (hopefully) attract people with interest, experience, and knowledge of the new topic.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,920 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,128 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 245 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 872 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 303 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 400 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.