Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S9 EPR patient. What is it
Resmed S9 EPR patient. What is it
Hello,

I am on CPAP, Resmed S9
autoset
max 20
min 4
ramp off
start pressure 4
EPR FULL TIME
EPR LEVEL patient

Now I understand that the EPR level is adjustable (under the clinician settings) to off, 1, 2, 3, or patient. And I have seen in the manual that "EPR patient" setting are set by the patient. But what does that mean?

I have been on CPAP for 3 years, with AHIs usually running around 1.2 or so. That is pretty good. But then my first machine broke, and was making all kinds of whistling noises and my sleep was messed up. So I got a rental while the old machine is being repaired.

But I just do not understand the EPR level patient stuff. What does that really mean?

Also,sometimes with the new machine, I do get the sensation that I cannot take a deep breath, and that the CPAP is not letting me breath or something.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 EPR patient. What is it
Is the S9 a rental? Either way, it is set wide open at 4-20. A minimum pressure of 4 may be too low to breathe in comfortably. Most folk that have a pressure of 4 feel air starved. I would change the minimum to 6.

As far as EPR, this is a comfort setting to help you exhale against pressure. Let's say that at a pressure of 10cm, if you set EPR to 1, it will lower the pressure 1cm when exhaling.
If set to 2, then it lowers it to 8cm. Using that example of 10 and EPR set to 3, your exhalation pressure would drop to 7.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR Patient means you can change it yourself, the other settings mean your supplier has locked in one setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JTofSD,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2016, 05:36 PM)chill Wrote: EPR Patient means you can change it yourself, the other settings mean your supplier has locked in one setting.

This may be an old tread I am seeing, but how does one  can change it?     That is , in the "patient" setting, how do you set it?
Post Reply Post Reply
rpinpv,
Press the dial and the home buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. The clinician menu will appear. Select parameter(s) you wish to modify with the dial (push down to select, turn to modify). When done, press the dial and home buttons for 3 seconds again, or find the "exit clinical menu" option in the menus.

Order the complete Clinicians Manual here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New patient Mach9 7 608 12-12-2023, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Mach9
Idea [Treatment] Directory of patient-enabling CPAP Treatment Providers EasySleep 12 1,087 04-27-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is in-lab titration study needed for higher-risk patient who wants to avoid COVID? DevinJones 19 1,377 03-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  Cpap vet getting Medicare coverage and a "new patient" exam - need advice please! FormerFed 19 2,693 10-18-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: plakky
  How to change the Patient stored in my CPAP Mrand 4 898 08-20-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Mrand
  Transferring Historical Patient Files between 2 machines Ecneralc 1 1,150 09-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Suggestion on back home preparation for senior patient who live alone luckydxx 4 1,553 04-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Ron AKA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.