Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsence - Does White Noise Stop and Start?
Resmed Airsence - Does White Noise Stop and Start?
Hey All,

So i'm experiencing a strange phenomena with my Resmed Airsence 10 and I'm curious to know if anyone else has had it happen - or if it's just my unit - or if it's in my head!

It's hard to describe - but I would put it like this - periodically - the "white noise" of the machine seems to stop.

To explain - Normally there is a slight sound while the machine is on - and the breath sounds from my mask/tube. Of course - if anything goes wrong there will be a louder sound (eg open my mouth with my nasal pillows mask and loud air sounds/feeling or that whistling noise you can get if the pillows are not correctly under the nose etc). However the rest of the time there is just what I thought to be the default (but quite tolerable) operational noise.

So, sometimes, I have found I'll be trying to get to sleep and this noise just suddenly stops. It suddenly goes so quiet that even though I wasn't at all listening to the sound it will get my attention. The first time I thought the electricity had gone off or that the machine had broken or something. It's that noticeable - everything suddenly goes silent as if it was off. Imagine my surprise when I get up to check out the situation and discover as I remove my mask that it is in fact still working fine and blowing air!

Anyway, it's a very liveable 'problem' - it doesn't even bother me now that I know it can happen - and I only notice if I happen to take a while to fall asleep as it seems to happen at random.

But I've become curious - has anyone else experienced this? Or is there something odd about my unit?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsence - Does White Noise Stop and Start?
I have a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and it's as quiet as it can be. I'm betting that there's something wrong with your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsence - Does White Noise Stop and Start?
Sound can be transmitted through solids as well as air. It might be that your are sleeping on your hose, or otherwise getting the machine sounds transmitted though your face. I notice this with my machine (not a Resmed)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,255 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 181 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 141 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 356 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,464 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.