Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Loss of Data
Question 
Loss of Data
I had to get a new computer and I've got a problem with Sleepyhead.
Installed it on new PC and inserted my SD card to retrieve data. It retrieved some of the data but not all. There are time frames that don't even show up let alone show any data.
Any idea what I have done and how do I put all my data into Sleepyhead?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Loss of Data
(07-11-2012, 10:32 AM)Bompa Wrote: I had to get a new computer and I've got a problem with Sleepyhead.

First, what operating system and architecture is the new computer, and what version of SleepyHead did you install?

SleepyHead stores the data on the computer, but the old data won't be on the new computer. In that case all that it will show is what is on the current SD card. So if it is old data that is missing, that would be the explanation. If that is not the problem, then a little more detail about what data it shows and what is missing might be helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have noticed that SleepyHead will sometimes not import all of the data from a day, or sometimes from just one session. It's good that you have Rescan as a back up.

I don't know what to do in terms of a remedy for this problem. Certainly reporting it at SourceForge is a start, but lately the author has been out of pocket, as they say.

You might try purging all the data within SleepyHead, wait until your machine collects another day's worth of data, and try importing again.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks... I'll give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can copy the data from the old machine and import it into sleepyhead. I have not figured that out on Resscan but it is definitely possible on Sleepyhead.

Scott
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2012, 07:13 PM)Scott1269 Wrote: You can copy the data from the old machine and import it into sleepyhead. I have not figured that out on Resscan but it is definitely possible on Sleepyhead.

Scott

It's a simple matter of copying it into the correct folder; ResScan will recognize it automatically. The folder is C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients. You will need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files. If the folder doesn't exist, create a dummy patient to force ResScan to create the folder. Don't create the folder yourself. ResScan is actually trying to put patient files in C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients, but Windows redirects it to the VirtualStore folder.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 149 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Weight Loss and Side Sleeping Therapy - AHI < 0.5 AquaMan 3 694 09-17-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Major weight loss, still need CPAP? bperella 3 557 09-01-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  Weight loss Nsmon1313 3 597 06-15-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  APAP Weirdness After Weight Loss Apnea23 3 578 03-11-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  AirSense 10 Elite pressure loss Da93 6 845 11-06-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mesenteria

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.