Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help reading SleepyHead data....
Question 
Help reading SleepyHead data....
I've been on Cpap since January and installed the SleepyHead software when it became available for Mac... I can read it but I don't understand exactly WHAT it means. I have an appt. Monday with sleep doc and would like input on anything you guru's might think is important? I linked to several screenshots from last night - AHI was pretty good (for me) at 1.80 but it looks to me like there are some really funky breathing episodes going on...:thanks for any insight you are willing to share...

http://imgur.com/a/k7ZQA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help reading SleepyHead data....
The first two look like an extended period of very shallow breathing and obstructive apnea. I'd show those to your doctor as I expect that is causing a medically significant SPO2 desaturation. Based on your 95% pressure, your minimum pressure is likely too low. I'd ask your doctor about increasing it. The rest of the images look similar to mine. Which may mean that I need adjustments too. Smile

With an AHI below 5, your doctor may be reluctant to make changes. You need to focus on how you feel and press your doctor based not that, not some arbitrary cutoff number.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Seajayh,

You may be waking up as a result of some of those shallow breathing episodes. If you don't feel well rested you may add that to your discussion with your Sleep Doc.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Going through the graph...there seem to be several times thru the night when breathing gets very shallow... would increasing the min. pressure change that? Going back to the beginning of May it looks like the 95% pressure is above 14.00 - 75% of the time.

Not sure if they do things differently during a titration study but my AHI was .80 that night. I haven't been able to achieve it again... I felt so good the day after that sleep study - even on 5 hrs of sleep. It would be wonderful if I could make that happen regularly. The best I get is 1.80.

Thanks for that input, I do wake up several times each night. That probably contributes to my sluggishness.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 139 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 994 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 243 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 386 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Would like some help reading my OSCAR data dynamo 13 672 12-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Low Tidal Volume reading rhwoe 8 743 12-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: rhwoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.